Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered and accepted sothing my dealer called the "sears". It is a 5 years plan in which once per year the car gets the leather treated and the paint gets a coating of Acrylic. I read some internet stuff after the fact which says the Acrylic prevents dust and bird**** etc from runing the paint.

Also the coating is supposed to be like a Wax treatment, making the vehicle more glossy. Has anyone gotten that? I am wonding if there seems to be a difference in the appearence of the car?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Future floor wax is an acrylic. It is used all the time to coat (plastic) scale models to give it the extra sheen and to protect the underlying paint.

Would I have someone spray my real car with this? I don't know, sounds kinda like a snow job to me. I would have to investigate the process more before I'd do something like that.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
if you do, dont set a hot pizza on the trunk lid while you get the kids out... (the future floor wax that is)

a friend of mine in SoCal used Future to coat his cladding and bed panels.... set the pizza on top of the bed panels and was left with a huge white spot from the heat of the pizza "cooking" the Future floor wax... LOL

heres a pic of where the pizza boxes where placed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts