Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doe's anyone know if the Chargers windshield is an acoustic one?

·
Registered
964 Posts
its just a windshield that provides a quieter interior cabin

·
Registered
769 Posts
An acoustic windshield is a windshield that absorbs the sound from the out side and does not allow it to effect the sound in the inside, while the inner portion of the windshield takes the vibrations from the music your playing and bounces it back to you with a nicer quality to it, almost like a filter. Usually the sound that was absorbed from the out side creates a filtration system in the inner core of the windshield.

·
Registered
769 Posts
By the way I made all that up. :lol:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Then I believe all windshields would be of the acoustic variety.
Yeah I can definately vouge for mine doing a damn good job keeping down the wind noise!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
generally little thicker, with a slightly thicker middle layer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently the Buick Lucerne has an acoustic windshield and some Fords do, just trying to find out if our Chargers do so when I get my windshield replaced I know what to expect.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
By the way I made all that up. :lol:
you made up something that came true.....
Our Cadillac STS Premium package has a dual layer windshield to reduce wind and engine noise. It is big bucks when it gets a rock chip and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i'll also vouch for the charger windshield doing an awesome job. theres very little road or wind noise in my car.

way less noise than any any honda i've driven

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Unfortunately it's also made of the weakest, most pitting-prone and star cracking glass on the planet. :(

The windshield glass on these cars is the GD worst I've ever seen or owned.

Probably made in China using recycled glass bottles.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
wwwhhhaatt? yalls windshields are pitting and cracking??

mine has been hit by 2 golf ball size rocks on the freeway about 2 months ago and the cracks they caused are so small you can barely even see them. and mine isnt pitting..

sorry yall are having problems with them though

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I would say no! Cause I can clearly hear ice and snow bounce off it very clearky

·
Registered
222 Posts
answer to windshield

im an auto glass installer ...acoustic windshields are normally made for gm and acura vehicles from what iv seen ..14 years exp. the only upgrade they make for are cars are the polorized windshields wich are better because they do have the affects of the acoustic but also keep your car cooler and keeps the glare out when driving against the sun ...here are some pictures of mine i installed...ppg glass actually made a limited amount of these windshields for the lx platform in canada ..i just happen to find one

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts