Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm actually looking to speak with Brian of BND about aces and quantum blue, i recently ordered from you while i was on the golf course if you remember haha. Anyways i was just wondering if when i receive my product, should i detune my canned predator for it? I currently run the 91 octane cold air tune. And i always put 93 in it. Just looking for input, Even input from anyone else would be great, don't want to waste the performance benefits of the additive with a tune thats not quite right.

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
So I'm actually looking to speak with Brian of BND about aces and quantum blue, i recently ordered from you while i was on the golf course if you remember haha. Anyways i was just wondering if when i receive my product, should i detune my canned predator for it? I currently run the 91 octane cold air tune. And i always put 93 in it. Just looking for input, Even input from anyone else would be great, don't want to waste the performance benefits of the additive with a tune thats not quite right.
Davey,

If I remember you correctly, you have a 2009 Chrysler 300C SRT8. As far as ACES IV goes, I would star out with the 93 fuel and add ACES IV to it. Then run a tank or so of that mixture and then go to a 91 octane fuel....if you don't have 91, you can take 50% 89 and 50% 93 to make it...and run a few thanks of that through. Then I would go to 89 octane fuel and try that on a few tanks. The point is that you want the lowest octane fuel you can get without LT KR. ST KR can be up to 5 degrees max but never any LT KR.

The thing to remember is that we are still in winter fuels and we won't have regular summer fuels until really May 1. Then from May 1 to Sept 15, is where you are going to get the best power and performance out of it.

Winter fuel is irratic and unpredictable at times depending on how the refinery is going to blend it based on their avg. temperature belief for that week or two.

When you get it, give it a whirl and let me know how the experience is. Fuels change around the country so we will have to wait and see.

Hope this clarifies.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Brian, it definitely clarifies the fuel quality portion. I'm really wondering about the predator tune. Since it's a canned tune, should I just leave it on the car and not worry about it? Or should I take it off and go back to stock, or even go to the 93 tune in the canned menu. Glad you remembered me btw.

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
Hey Brian, it definitely clarifies the fuel quality portion. I'm really wondering about the predator tune. Since it's a canned tune, should I just leave it on the car and not worry about it? Or should I take it off and go back to stock, or even go to the 93 tune in the canned menu. Glad you remembered me btw.
Frankly, I would leave the Predator tune on it and keep the 93 tune but run 91 and ACES IV to see how it works for you. Use the earlier post to see which one combination works best for you and your car.

Keep me informed when you get the materials and what you found out. Always adds to the knowledge base here!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pinging!!!

Hey brian, another quick question, or for anyone as a matter of fact. All of the sudden i have noticed pinging in the valve train under load in a high gear at low rpms, Just really nasty valve clatter. I ask you brian, being the mad scientists/chemical engineer that you are because i would like to know if you thing it is bad gas, i.e. winter blend when its 80 degrees out here in georgia... Any ideas? Its only when i lug the motor out a little. Once the rpms rise its gone. But i can definitely hear it and i think it just sounds terrible. Like a damn valve is slapping shut harder than normal. Ive run diagnostics in my tuner and have had no codes, But i did watch my LT knock readout and it shows a knock at 6-9. I know this is bad, Which is why i can't wait for my package from you and i really hope it helps. Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Nothing worse than hearing my motor like that. Its like having a sick kid lol.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Hey brian, another quick question, or for anyone as a matter of fact. All of the sudden i have noticed pinging in the valve train under load in a high gear at low rpms, Just really nasty valve clatter. I ask you brian, being the mad scientists/chemical engineer that you are because i would like to know if you thing it is bad gas, i.e. winter blend when its 80 degrees out here in georgia... Any ideas? Its only when i lug the motor out a little. Once the rpms rise its gone. But i can definitely hear it and i think it just sounds terrible. Like a damn valve is slapping shut harder than normal. Ive run diagnostics in my tuner and have had no codes, But i did watch my LT knock readout and it shows a knock at 6-9. I know this is bad, Which is why i can't wait for my package from you and i really hope it helps. Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Nothing worse than hearing my motor like that. Its like having a sick kid lol.
What car do u have, what engine, what fuel do u use
try using higher octane

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its an 09 srt8 300c, i always use 93. i never put any crap in the tank, i always use mobil 1 0/40, its got SLP LM2, K&N drop in, just took my 91 canned tune off and went back to stock. 110k miles.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Yep i am in there lol
im no mechanic but i would have the car checked, that doesnt sound healthy especially that much knock.

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
Hey brian, another quick question, or for anyone as a matter of fact. All of the sudden i have noticed pinging in the valve train under load in a high gear at low rpms, Just really nasty valve clatter. I ask you brian, being the mad scientists/chemical engineer that you are because i would like to know if you thing it is bad gas, i.e. winter blend when its 80 degrees out here in georgia... Any ideas?

Typically when refineries see that the temperatures are warming up or are projected to start warming, they will dump the last bits of volatiles that they have made for colder weather into the gasoline supply. This is fine for them to get rid of in most cars as they don't have compression ratios that will know the difference. However, in an SRT8 with 10.3 to 1 compression, it can be a roller coaster ride on LT and ST knock retard. They are bleeding in summer fuel usually the first or second week of April but sometimes sooner if it is a sustained warming trend. Just got some bad gas with an aggressive tune!

Its only when i lug the motor out a little. Once the rpms rise its gone. But i can definitely hear it and i think it just sounds terrible. Like a damn valve is slapping shut harder than normal. Ive run diagnostics in my tuner and have had no codes, But i did watch my LT knock readout and it shows a knock at 6-9. I know this is bad, Which is why i can't wait for my package from you and i really hope it helps. Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Nothing worse than hearing my motor like that. Its like having a sick kid lol.
When you lug the engine in a higher gear, you are hitting the extent of compressability of the fuels or clipping. This is where the volatility of the fuel is highlighted significantly.

The ACES IV will make a big difference in how the volatility is distributed allowing more compressability but still limited by the blend.

Once the summer fuels are in by May 1, you will see a real big difference in how the fuels and ACES IV run together.

Look for the shipping number tonight!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Whoops poured 4oz into a mostly full tank... With shell 89...

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
Whoops poured 4oz into a mostly full tank... With shell 89...
Ok, gonna have a little more cleaning and lubricity. Not a problem!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah a little more Aces IV wont hurt. When I first started the Charger on Aces IV I had 65k mi on it and it's a former rental car. To combat the obvious build up of carbon and crap I would add 6oz to a full tank to help speed up the cleaning process and get the extra lubricity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.