Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so it 7:45 a.m. im on my way to school make the turn to road that my schools on.........i look over and i see a baby blue nissa maxima sitting on the sholder...didnt think anything of it well just as i get about a foot behind here she pulls out to make a u-turn,i have no were to go its a 2 lane road cars coming south so i suck it up and hold on i couldnt turn into the other cars head on.... so she hits me at probley 15 m.p.h. side, She got a lot of bulid up speed.....well to make a long story short she hit me hard enough to break my pass. side door(front and back) open and putting me into the south lanes(everyone slowed down THANK GOD). i get out to look at my car and shes crying, im PISSED but just staying calm. i go over and its BAD the doors are bent open and the top of the window frames are bent down, all my tires are off my car and on the rims(i think when she pushed me i rolled the bead off) on the drivers side,the pass. sides are all bent to hell then her car drags from the very front to the very back.She tells me not to call the police or report it to the inc. company. Well i pretty muched laughed in her face at that i said you prolly totaled my car just to tell you im calling the police. She has another break down. Do you guys and girls think its totaled? i mean she hit me hard enought to push me 20 or so feet and break my doors open. But anyway the police get there with all there flares and everything well by this time shes saying its my fault blahblahblah i tryed to cut around her blahblahblah well the cop looks and goes to the lady "why are you lying to me i can see were you accelerated from the sholder by the tire marks and were you hit him(me) and pushed him all from the tire marks". well from this point everything i tell him hes sayin ok to everything im telling him (the report says miss so and so was at complete fault:lol: ). But anyway tell me what you think is it Totaled?im only 17 will my rates go up(i have 2 tickets 1 for tint 1 for going 38 in a 35(elsmere if your from DE you know what i mean).
And another thing that sucks my window was down and it broke but the tint held it all together. But tell me what you guys think
EVERTHING DAMAGED-front bumper, pass. side fender, windsheild, pass. side doorS, rear fender, bumper, spoiler, rims and tires. IF ITS NOT TOTALED..........i hope not tho
ILL TRY AND POST PICS. my cars down in maryland i dont know if im gona get down there but ill try

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Hard to say but I am guessing there will also be damage to the roofline, and maybe to the frame. Without pics, I dont know, but, ummm... how is your neck? This could be a way to a Superbee. lol
Seriously though, even if you feel fine you should go get checked out. Sometimes these things dont show up right away.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sorry bud, that sucks. I got rear ended a month ago hard enough to crumple my exhaust, take off me rear bumper and scratch up my front bumper badly on the car in front of me. Sounds like nothing compared to you though. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If its her fault, your insurance rates shouldn't go up. As long as the police report shows she is at fault.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
sorry to hear about this, even though it will probably be deemed as her fault (judging from story) it may still go down as a mark against you on your insurance since it was a wreck that you were involved in..its definitely something to check on

·
Registered
885 Posts
sorry to hear about this, even though it will probably be deemed as her fault (judging from story) it may still go down as a mark against you on your insurance since it was a wreck that you were involved in..its definitely something to check on
Regardless of who's at fault, it still gets reported on your driving record as being involved in an accident but it won't generate any points. Points are what cause your rates to go up.

Happened to my wife, she got rear-ended and it showed up in the insurance database as being involved but no points added to her license.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Regardless of who's at fault, it still gets reported on your driving record as being involved in an accident but it won't generate any points. Points are what cause your rates to go up.

Happened to my wife, she got rear-ended and it showed up in the insurance database as being involved but no points added to her license.
gotcha, i knew there was something along those lines..

thanks bud! :grin:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news guys just got off the phone with the inc. adjuster. My car was not totaled(dont know how) but im thrilled to death about. i love my car.......... thanks for the concern(i did go to the Hosp.since i had my window down nothing was there to stop my head,but everything was ok)they quoted 6800 for everthing 2 new doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, windshied, spoiler no frame damage(once again no idea how) but the only thing they wont cover is my wheels and tires?(its ok cuz i want my M.H.T.'s)and tint. Im ok with that tho. O and my rates will go up but take a 6 hour deff. driving course back to normal prices.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
6800 for all that damage...... that sounds like for parts only.

The wheels not being covered sounds very fishy to me. I'd ask the adjuster to point out where it says that on your policy.

As if, lets say someone stole the wheels while parked, the insurance won't replace them. I call BS

·
Registered
885 Posts
Good news guys just got off the phone with the inc. adjuster. My car was not totaled(dont know how) but im thrilled to death about. i love my car.......... thanks for the concern(i did go to the Hosp.since i had my window down nothing was there to stop my head,but everything was ok)they quoted 6800 for everthing 2 new doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, windshied, spoiler no frame damage(once again no idea how) but the only thing they wont cover is my wheels and tires?(its ok cuz i want my M.H.T.'s)and tint. Im ok with that tho. O and my rates will go up but take a 6 hour deff. driving course back to normal prices.
This part (bolded) doesn't make sense to me...

If it was her fault, her insurance should cover the damage to your car and there shouldn't be any points on your license...so this accident shouldn't cost your insurance company a dime (since no claim to them). I don't understand why you would need to take a defensive driving course to prevent your rates from going up if it wasn't your fault.

·
Registered
74 Posts

If it was her fault, her insurance should cover the damage to your car and there shouldn't be any points on your license...so this accident shouldn't cost your insurance company a dime (since no claim to them). I don't understand why you would need to take a defensive driving course to prevent your rates from going up if it wasn't your fault.

Serious, I would be pissed at this, YOU have to take a course because YOU got hit by some lady.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts

depends what state he is in...
Michigan is a no fault state.....

both insurnace companies pay.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Thats bad news. You don't want that damaged pig back. After a car has that much damage it will never be the same. Resale will take a major hit since a car fax will show the major accident. Good luck your going to need it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
omg, you should be p!ssed that it isn't totaled. Like nodrz said, it will never be the same or feel the same as before the accident.

Sorry to hear about your story.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Call their adjustor and inform them they will also be cutting you a check for loss of value (The difference in what you could sell an unwrecked car for, and what you can sell it for after being wrecked) AND the cost of rims, tires, rental, missed work, and anything else that she cost you. If you spilled a $3 cup of coffee in the car due to the wreck she owes you $3. Tell the adjustor that failure to do so will result in you being forced to get a personal injury attorney.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Call their adjustor and inform them they will also be cutting you a check for loss of value (The difference in what you could sell an unwrecked car for, and what you can sell it for after being wrecked) AND the cost of rims, tires, rental, missed work, and anything else that she cost you. If you spilled a $3 cup of coffee in the car due to the wreck she owes you $3. Tell the adjustor that failure to do so will result in you being forced to get a personal injury attorney.
Excellent idea.

Just remember that the adjuster does NOT have your best interests in mind. She wants to put out the least amount of dollars possible to make you go away quietly.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Call their adjuster and inform them they will also be cutting you a check for loss of value (The difference in what you could sell an unwrecked car for, and what you can sell it for after being wrecked) AND the cost of rims, tires, rental, missed work, and anything else that she cost you. If you spilled a $3 cup of coffee in the car due to the wreck she owes you $3. Tell the adjuster that failure to do so will result in you being forced to get a personal injury attorney.

Very good information to give. He is correct on the information mentioned here. They will replace everything. Don't allow your insurance company to settle the case. They go for the low ball effect. Make her insurance company replace everything else. Go get receipts to everything that is aftermarket and turn it in too her insurance company. Good Luck

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TBY i didnt know i could do that ill call them when they open up.........if what you say about the coffee thing is true...........my $250 pair of jordans were ruined when i got outside? The thing about my rims (from what my dad tryed to explain to me) IS that he had them insured threw another company that deals with aftermarket stuff (from what he said i think thats what the point was) is there such a thing or did i misunderstand him?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts