Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2014 Charger srt8 torred
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my AC will not blow air I can hear the fan working and nothing wrong with the compressor. After driving for like 10 mins or less it starts blowing air normally when I try to change the air direction it work and not work depends on my luck. It is like the actuator is jamming I can hear the noise behind the dashboard not loud clicking. Driver side feels cold passenger side does not feel the same, sometimes the air comes out from the vents on the door and the dashboard without the defrost is being ON. Sometimes works the next day with no problems at all. Like the AC has its own mood when to work and when not to work.

• I am new here,but I have been learning from the forums for a long time and decided to be a member 馃槂

Registered
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

I don't have an answer for your AC problem. I am sure someone with AC system experience will add a reply soon.

Registered
The symptoms sound like the actuators are acting up. There's the blend-air door that controls temp and the mode door that controls direction (vents, floor, etc...). Clicking does not always happen when the actuators act up. Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any HVAC codes are logged. Be sure to use a scanner that can read all codes. The HVAC codes are Bxxxx body codes.

Registered
2014 Charger srt8 torred
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

I don't have an answer for your AC problem. I am sure someone with AC system experience will add a reply soon.
Thank you for the welcome, hope things are going well for you.
Thanks for the contribution.

Registered
2014 Charger srt8 torred
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The symptoms sound like the actuators are acting up. There's the blend-air door that controls temp and the mode door that controls direction (vents, floor, etc...). Clicking does not always happen when the actuators act up. Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any HVAC codes are logged. Be sure to use a scanner that can read all codes. The HVAC codes are Bxxxx body codes.
Sure thing, I'll try to do that hopefully something comes up.

Registered
Hello, my AC will not blow air I can hear the fan working and nothing wrong with the compressor. After driving for like 10 mins or less it starts blowing air normally when I try to change the air direction it work and not work depends on my luck. It is like the actuator is jamming I can hear the noise behind the dashboard not loud clicking. Driver side feels cold passenger side does not feel the same, sometimes the air comes out from the vents on the door and the dashboard without the defrost is being ON. Sometimes works the next day with no problems at all. Like the AC has its own mood when to work and when not to work.

• I am new here,but I have been learning from the forums for a long time and decided to be a member 馃槂
Greetings Raid10,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you鈥檙e experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Registered
2014 Charger srt8 torred
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Alright, so I replaced the blend door actuator behind the dashboard ( Driver side ). The old one works no problem with it and the motor working nothing broken, it's just slow. I opened the actuator and checked the motor apparently the gear with the motor from the inside seems like it has expanded resulting slow spinning.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts