Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised I searched the forums for this and found nothing.
I need a new brake module which is going to require the dealer to flash my PCM to recognize it.
Will this affect any tune I have on my car? In other words, will this reset the PCM to factory settings and requre me to re-tune my car?
2014 R/T

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,787 Posts
Better make a backup. There are at least 2 possibilities.
1. All they really need to do is Initialize the module to the car. I have replaced one in a friend's 2012 R/T and that's what came up as a code indicating it needed to be initialized.

2. The new module may be an updated version requiring an ECM or BCM flash.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
It will effect the tune if they reflash the PCM. If you have a Diablosport tune installed, restore the stock tune prior to taking the car to the dealership for service.
Select "tune vehicle" from the main menu. Then select "restore backup" on the next menu. This will restore the stock tune to the vehicle and release the vehicle license (i.e. unmarry the tuner from the car). This avoids them reflashing over your tune and locking out the DiabloSport tuner. After the service is completed you can reapply your tune.
If they reflash over your tune and lockout the tuner you will need to contact DiabloSport to unlock/reset the tuner.

Unlock/Reset Tool - DiabloSport

1 - 3 of 3 Posts