Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I have an 07 Charger SRT-8. I have it all original with no mods, Its a daily driver, I dont abuse it, I do all the service on time. Last week I noticed the following problem: I was at a light, when I took off and reached about 20 to 30 MPH the car stalled as if the traction control was doing its job, only problem I was not stepping on the pedal or taking off fast. It felt like the car restricted me from going any faster but only lasted for 1 second, soon right after that within a split second the ABS, ESP, BAS light came on. Sometimes it will turn off right after but other times will stay on, but will be off the next time I turn on the car. It's only happened when Im doing city driving,
can somebody please help.

Thanks....

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Limp mode maybe? Were the tires spinning? Still under warranty if so take it to the dealer

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You haven't tried to jump anybody's car lately, have you?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
It doesn't really sound like limp mode; I've never heard of limp mode clearing itself up without turning off the engine. Since the OP says it only lasts a second or so it sounds like ESP is kicking in and severely limiting power in an attempt to get the car back under control (even though it seems to have already been there).

Maybe a little more info would be helpful. Did this start shortly after some type of service was done? Other than the lights indicated, do you get a check engine light (CEL)? Did you press the ESP OFF button on the dash? If so, was it just a press (ESP partially off) or press-and-hold (ESP really off)?

Try the keydance and see if any codes come up. Key in ignition, turn ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON quickly without starting the engine and watch the odometer. It will start with ---- then display any codes then end with dONE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did the back brakes about 2.5 months ago, in regard with the ESP button, I never mess with it. Since I got the car I've always had it on. I did the key dance and it gave me U1417....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
ABS issue

Turns up as an "Implausible Left Wheel Distance Received" I'm guessing this means the ABS sensor is not performing properly and the system is shutting down so as not to activate improperly.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Turns up as an "Implausible Left Wheel Distance Received" I'm guessing this means the ABS sensor is not performing properly and the system is shutting down so as not to activate improperly.
Which should be covered under warranty, if I'm not mistaken..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue after removing the front fascia and disconnecting the front sensors briefly. Turns out there was a piece of broken plastic caught in side the body harness connection that was blocking the sensor connection. Pulled out the crap, cleaned the connections and problem solved.

Check your connections first where you were working on the brakes. Sounds like a bad sensor, the intermittent signal. If so, replace it. They're like 30 bucks and really easy to fix. One of the wires could have a short in it or something from you accidentally pulling on it while doing the brakes, something like that. My money's on this!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts