Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My dealer has located an 08 RT with the following packages...

Steel Blue
Customer Preferred Package 29R (R/T)
Popular Equipment Group
Power Sunroof
MyGIG Multimedia w/Navigation

MSRP $39,135

My deal is $34,354 + TTL.

Is that a good deal? I wanted the blue (favorite color) and all options but the Nav. I was hoping for the MyGIG without the nav but whatever I guess.

Thanks all, I hope to be joining your ranks by Monday or Tuesday.

Tom

·
Registered
702 Posts
*shrug* I guess it seems okay, but not great. I am FAR from knowledgeable in this area, so I hope some of those 'in the know' on this forum will add their $0.02.

I picked up my 07 AWD R/T (standard options/15 miles on it) for $29K out the door w/ no trade in. I also had a full coverage 70K mi warranty included.

·
Registered
726 Posts
At a quick glance I'd say yeah, dealer does have to make some $, they can't sell everything at invoice and live off factory holdbacks and volume incentives alone. Basically, it doesn't seem like they're screwing you so do you want to own/drive one of the 10 best cars in the world or not? :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I just saw an 08 R/T with the R/T package stickering for 40,000 today. I about fell over

·
Registered
92 Posts
I paid a bit less for my RT R/T, but I get a special corporate rate through where I work. The sticker was $39,995 so I would say that is a pretty fair deal. If you are going to keep the car for any length of time check out the extended warranty. I got it mainly for the electronics which are warrantied for the life of the car.

Robert

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid a bit less for my RT R/T, but I get a special corporate rate through where I work. The sticker was $39,995 so I would say that is a pretty fair deal. If you are going to keep the car for any length of time check out the extended warranty. I got it mainly for the electronics which are warrantied for the life of the car.

Robert
I too get a corporate discount, mine is 1% below invoice. I was wondering if that alone is a good deal or can i try to negotiate more. Also what did you pay for the extended warranty? I do plan to keep this car for a while, I am hoping for at least 10 years.

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it! :clap:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I too get a corporate discount, mine is 1% below invoice. I was wondering if that alone is a good deal or can i try to negotiate more. Also what did you pay for the extended warranty? I do plan to keep this car for a while, I am hoping for at least 10 years.

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it! :clap:
That is the same as mine and I got my car for a hair under $32,000. As for more negotiation you have nothing to lose and alot to gain.:grin:

I tried to get the car for less, but I could not find another 08 near me to use to give me an edge in negotiation.

Robert

·
Registered
158 Posts
Invoice ($36,194) - Rebates ($1,500) = $34,694. So it looks like your paying a tad under invoice, which is a pretty good deal. Depending on how bad the dealership wants to make a sale, you may be able to talk them down a little bit more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Invoice ($36,194) - Rebates ($1,500) = $34,694. So it looks like your paying a tad under invoice, which is a pretty good deal. Depending on how bad the dealership wants to make a sale, you may be able to talk them down a little bit more.
Ask if you can get 50% of dealer hold back then that should sweeten it up more for you.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts