Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, im going to install a Kenne Bell Kit in the SRT8. Well, not my SRT8 but a customers. Cant wait to see what this puppy does!!!! He was going to install the Vortech but my service writer convinced him on the KB kit instead.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
doh. I was coming to congratulate ya but its someone elses car.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Keep us updated!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
We have a Challenger SRT8 that runs with us at the tracks... he has a KB 2.8L with mostly stock block (just Head and cam mods) .... is running 10.96 @ 123.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Whats the news on the build BUMP?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like the dude is backing out. He doesnt know what the hell he wants. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kenne Bell is the best charger if you ask me I run one on Challenger 10psi 566rwhp 11.499 at 123mph spining the tires through second gear

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Kenne Bell is the best charger if you ask me I run one on Challenger 10psi 566rwhp 11.499 at 123mph spining the tires through second gear
Yes they are. If i was you i would be VERY CAREFULL running anything over 6psi as your motor will go chugga, chugga, Boooom sooner than later

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes they are. If i was you i would be VERY CAREFULL running anything over 6psi as your motor will go chugga, chugga, Boooom sooner than later
I am currently saving up for the KenneBelle supercharger. As far as boost levels you could safely go higher than the 6psi if you run higher octane fuel or water/meth injection. The stock block and pistons will survive a lot of boost as long as you prevent detonation. You could do this with pump gas but you would have to back the timing up to the point that you would not gain much power over 6pounds.

Hayabusa

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I should have one on MY car by the end of this summer. Screw the guy that backed out!! Ill just put one on for myself!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
still going strong, up to 575rwhp,all stock motor and trans best time on Nitto's 11:2 at 120mph.
Car makes 8psi boost untill it hits 6000rpm then makes 10psi and shifts at 6200rpm.
Builder bill with 3800stall and trans brake going in shortly

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
still going strong, up to 575rwhp,all stock motor and trans best time on Nitto's 11:2 at 120mph.
Car makes 8psi boost untill it hits 6000rpm then makes 10psi and shifts at 6200rpm.
Builder bill with 3800stall and trans brake going in shortly
Is that with a CMR tune or the canned KB tune?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts