Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my srt edge book in the mail about 2 days ago and was browsing thru it and was susprised to see that it said that the 08's would be receiving a improved suspension.The new chassis enhancements would include srt-tuned dampers, tailored spring rates and suspension bushings and better sway bars, and the ride height has been lowered a 1/2 inch. Maybe im reading this all wrong or is there really a difference over my 07.

·
Registered
686 Posts
yup the 08 SRT gets Bilstein rear shocks this year , to go with the Bilstein front struts . no more Nivomats .

·
Registered
455 Posts
Got mine a couple days ago too. At first I was a little miffed but figured it doesn't matter since I'll be putting KW's or ST coilovers on anyway...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah bilstein is ok but there are much better aftermarket products out there, I think the car is pretty low for stock I was suprised myself to find out that I actually have to slow down on dips or pulling into steep drive ways. Don't get me wrong I know how to drive a lowered car I have lowered every car that I have owned even my previous RT Charger but I was really suprised with my SRT8 I guess the SRT8 bumper has alot to do with it and would explain alot since my last charger had the regular non SRT8 bumper. I wonder if 1. they are going to take the hit on the new suspension or 2. just add it to the sticker price (probably option two).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you are saying that the only real difference is the rear shocks and everything else is the same because I thought of updating my suspension just for the hell of it but to do it just for the rear shocks i dont know, unless the new rears drops the a$$ a 1/2 inch then it might be worth it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
does anyone have a height measurement of an 08 SRT ? Just curious because I have a lift in my garage and I have an 08 BEE on the way. Also these changes are they on all 08's even the early builds ?

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Wow... they improved the Charger suspension? (jaw drops)

I thought it was the best suspension out there as it is! ;)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Not yet, but I think a more careful re-read is in order. I had the same initial impression you did, but looking closer, its as carefully a crafted statement as anything by a politician:)

After re-reading, my take was that other than the shock change, nothing changes. Those other points refer to how the SRT differs from regular Chargers, not how it differs from earlier SRTs.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
anybody have any answers to this yet?
Are you sure that isn't just describing the SRT suspension over the R/T supension. Because that is the same description in the '06 brochure has for the suspension upgrades to the SRT over the R/T.

I'm pretty sure that they haven't dropped the car another 1/2 inch on top of the 1/2 inch it was already dropped.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Not yet, but I think a more careful re-read is in order. I had the same initial impression you did, but looking closer, its as carefully a crafted statement as anything by a politician:)

After re-reading, my take was that other than the shock change, nothing changes. Those other points refer to how the SRT differs from regular Chargers, not how it differs from earlier SRTs.
Yup, and they changed the one thing that needed changing: the shocks.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yup, ans whe the stockers crap out, nice to know there will be better ones in the system for me:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good to know so it should be worth the time to go get the new bilstein rears put in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can anyone please confirm if in fact the Nivomats were taken out in ALL 08 models.

My 08 SRT8 is at the shop and I was advised I needed new rear shocks and they are nivomats.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts