Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the tune and I love it. The only thing I changed was the fan control and I raised my shift points. My question is this, now when my car shifts from 1-2, the tires burn out even with traction control on and worse with it off. Is that relating to me raising the shift points? Is raising the shift points a common thing everyone is doing with the predator or should I change it back? Thanks guys....

·
Registered
539 Posts
you shouldn't raise your shift points if you have a stock engine. reset all the parameters back to 0 and raise the shift firmness, turn off the mds, lower the fan settings, and don't forget to reset the tcm.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you shouldn't raise your shift points if you have a stock engine. reset all the parameters back to 0 and raise the shift firmness, turn off the mds, lower the fan settings, and don't forget to reset the tcm.
Sorry, I reallly dont know much... How do I reset the TCM?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Great advice........ if the OP owned an R/T, lol. No good for SRT's as we don't have the same options and raising the shift points on the 6.1 is ideal. There is no shift firmness setting on the SRT8, and of course no MDS.

Yes raise the shift points. Set the rev limter to at least 6600 rpm and with shifts at the Predators 6450 you will be fine.

If you are spinning the tires just let out of the throttle...... There is more than one position than buried to the floor, lol. It has to do with the reduction in torque management that the Predator provides over the Chrysler tune. With the reduction in TM your ESP is affected as Chrysler uses the TM as part of the logic of the traction control.

If the settings are too much for you in the current weather conditions simply return the car to stock and retune it in the summer. That is unknowing what the current weather conditions are like in Burbank California.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
There is no shift firmness on the SRT8. Also it is really up to the owner about the raised shift points. Will raising them on a stock car make you faster in a line? Probably not. Would it be an advantage on an autox course to have it raised? Yes.

Resetting the TCM is under quick adjust. You want to do this every few months too.

And yes, the tire spin is fairly normal. Wait until you get a custom tune and it can get really nutty.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What is the stock rev limit set at?

·
Registered
330 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the factory rev setting is 6K, with the Predator bumping it to 6400.

The TCM is the transmission's "memory" of how you drive. If you have been taking leisurely Sunday drives, the transmission will think that's how you always drive and will adjust to that type of shifting. Resetting the TCM will clear the memory and allow the transmission to go, lets say, "wide open". But it will relearn and that is why its recommended to reset it every so often.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i have raised my shift points in the past on my GOMANGO and i did a little test run with them raised and set to stock. i ran a certain distance, not sure the length just points on the road and with it at stock shift points i was at 73mph and with raised shift points i was at 77mph on the average with both. i did not like how the car revved up so high on the raised shift points, and i do not race the car all the time so i keep it set at stock shift points.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
You should raise the shift points because it sounds so awesome! :burnout:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not to hijack, but Predator-related questions: A little birdie told me I'll be getting one as a Christmas gift :banana:, so I'm also going to order the Arrington CAI on the recommendation of someone. If my car isn't driven hard, will not doing the 180 stat make much difference? Also, for those who have raised the shift points, does this seem to work fine under "normal" driving or does the TCM undo this if you aren't driving it hard? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Not to hijack, but Predator-related questions: A little birdie told me I'll be getting one as a Christmas gift :banana:, so I'm also going to order the Arrington CAI on the recommendation of someone. If my car isn't driven hard, will not doing the 180 stat make much difference? Also, for those who have raised the shift points, does this seem to work fine under "normal" driving or does the TCM undo this if you aren't driving it hard? Thanks!
The t-stat is so easy to do you might as well do it. There are videos on the LX forums that show you the whole process in about 5 minutes. It will help performance especially on hotter days.

The raised shift points are pretty minor. I think they raise it 250 RPMs. I honestly see it as a non-issue. The TCM just seems to assume everyone drives really slowly, so resetting it every few months really livens up the ride.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
You'll want a t stat if you go to the track frequently

1 - 13 of 13 Posts