Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
no, your car wont really care until your thermostat opens. it has nothing to do with your intake.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
you're friend doesnt seem to know what he was talking about. having a "cai" just means you are letting colder air into the engine. cooler air is more dense allowing more of it to fit inside the cylinder and be burned. this cooler intake air does not cool the engine off at all. the intake system is not a cooling system. it doesnt matter how cold the intake air is, it wont effect the temperature of the engine, if anything it will make the engine hotter because more air and gas will be burned on each revolution.

with that said, none of the "cai's" made for the charger pull colder air than stock. the only ones made to pull "cold" air are the volant and GSM. others will simply pull MORE air easier than stock, because of the big huge cone filter.

i wouldnt think a cai would make you run rich. since it lets MORE air in, the engine would probably run leaner if anything. if the engine did run rich it would be because the computer over compensated for the cai, which i dont think would happen.

also if your car runs rich it will have a colder engine temp, leaner=hotter engine. as long as the computer sensors work properly, it should maintain a normal mixture though.

·
Registered
708 Posts
yea yea i kno the tempurature doesnt drop past what 70 degrees where you live haha
Just playin with ya - it got down to 52 the other night - I had to put a long-sleeve shirt on and the turn the AC down a notch!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
It won't take your car longer to heat up. CAIs are really anit-hot intakes. They just keep hot air from getting into your intake.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The cai should not affect your cars ability to warm up. The aem brute force is every bit as good as any. I have one on my dodge ram and I like it. I have the mopar cai on y charger and it is exactly the same thing as the aem brute force. Since aem make the mopar ones they are the same but with different names on them, that is all.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I agree what everything that he said above, but I say this, why not go bigger?

the others all have much bigger tubes, if you are planning more mods you might as well get a bit bigger one.

( I have the 6.1L CAI on my 5.7 =) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts