Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the navy and I wont be around much so I am trying to do this by myself and be able to at least drive the damn thing before leaving.

I just ordered the remote and AAC were pretty fast to get it and and I should be able to get it in about 3-5days.

But I need to know if it comes with full detail instructions and perhaps with pictures for me to follow and do this by myself? I dont know much about car electrical wiring but I can follow instructions pretty good especially with pictures.

I read on here on how to hook the halos up to the parking lights so I am hoping it should be a lot easier with the remote without having to splice any wires and sodering them.

Is there any videos or written instructions somewhere online for me to see if I might be able to do it by myself right now or if I need to make an appointment with a shop so that I can take my vehicle in next weekend and get a chance to drive it.

I was hoping for them to include the grille lights also because then that would have been sweet and I would have installed both while I still have my front bumper open.

If anyone can post of pictures of how they install there that would be great. I might even paypal you a little something just for your time

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Smartcrew, I'm not experienced with the remote but it's my guess you're still going to have some work to do. You still need to tap into 12V hot somewhere, as well as ground. You'll still need to wire things up to distribute power to the halos. You NEED to get this right, and you NEED to get these connections sealed. Don't rush. Any shorts or leaks and you're going to have the halos and/or inverters die.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
You create a circuit with the remote set up somewhere in line. The remote opens and closes it like a switch. The set up shouldn't be any different except instead of running a switch inside the cabin you have a remote set up hidden in the engine bay. The same instructions should still apply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts