Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a quick question for you all. Last year I had a base model that came from the dealer with Goodyear tires. They were awesome, drove them through winter. I recently got rid of the base for a SXT and the car came with Continental tires. I don't know much about tires but I have never heard of these.
The difference between the last tires and these is huge. If I hit a rough patch or dip in the road it actually throws the car around. It's not the alignment or any of that b/c it's fine the rest of the time. It just sucks on rough patches. I'm not sure I want to head into winter like that.

So any opinions on Continental tires? Anyone use them or heard of them? I think I need to head out for some Goodyear's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ok I have a quick question for you all. Last year I had a base model that came from the dealer with Goodyear tires. They were awesome, drove them through winter. I recently got rid of the base for a SXT and the car came with Continental tires. I don't know much about tires but I have never heard of these.
The difference between the last tires and these is huge. If I hit a rough patch or dip in the road it actually throws the car around. It's not the alignment or any of that b/c it's fine the rest of the time. It just sucks on rough patches. I'm not sure I want to head into winter like that.

So any opinions on Continental tires? Anyone use them or heard of them? I think I need to head out for some Goodyear's.
Don't go with them Continental Tires.. I dunno where about's you are in Canada.. But I'm 70km west of Ottawa..and I drove 2 days of winter with them Continental Tires..and it was like riding a huge toboggan.. NO CONTROL at all.. Go with your Good Year's.. I went with TOYO's.. very very happy with them.. :knockout:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The contis are ok. They are a very soft tire and ride very well, but they wear quickly. People seem to be replacing them soon than expected. If you live where there is no snow... they would make for a good tire. However being that you're in Canada, I would consider getting snow rims and tires. Just my 2 cents.

I recently swapped my contis for 4 goodyear assurance tires. The goodyears are ok. They ride a little rough, but that's expected because the goodyears are a harder tire.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just bought a new set of tires for mine. They are Nexen n3000's and they stick. I love them and I got a set of 245 45 r18's for $430 shipped to my door. I could not be happier. I had 235 60 r18's before. I can tell a huge difference with these new tires.
thanks,
spittle

·
Registered
338 Posts
will Pirelli winter tires size 205/50R17 Model W210A fit on my stock 17" steelies? got a chance for a great deal
A 205 would be a pizza cutter. You almost never want to go down in tire size...especially from a 235 to a 205. Might be a reason you're getting such a good deal on those. If you really want them, I'd check the load rating on them before installing them to make sure your deal of the century isn't going to leave you on the side of the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.