Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just pcs'd from Hawaii to kentucky (yeah big change) and when I brought my car to matson terminals she ran perfect no rattles to bells and whistles going off and when I get it back I notice that at Idle it has a slight rattle I just had SLP headers installed as well as the exhaust and I was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems oh and my engine light came on but it's solid which supposedly means it's not a serious issue but still needs attention so if you have had some similar problems I welcome the advice!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Ok so I just pcs'd from Hawaii to kentucky (yeah big change) and when I brought my car to matson terminals she ran perfect no rattles to bells and whistles going off and when I get it back I notice that at Idle it has a slight rattle I just had SLP headers installed as well as the exhaust and I was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems oh and my engine light came on but it's solid which supposedly means it's not a serious issue but still needs attention so if you have had some similar problems I welcome the advice!
The rattles is probably from your new exhaust. Did you used the clamps? I had mine welded so I don't have that problem. The Check Engine light is probably for your O2 sensor. Header are known to set them off. You can get rid of the light with your Predator.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I vote the headers as the source. Also, if the material in the cat is loose and banging around in there it will rattle. See if the cat is dented by the way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I took it to a shop this morning and wel figured out the problem and one of my converters are blown and the brick inside of it is coming apart and that is causing the rattle so I am having both converters replaced it's runing me about 500 pretty pissed they didn't hold up with the headers but We ordered some really tough converters ceramic coated so they can handle to beating!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts