Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving my Daytona today and pass a Super Bee and give him a quick wave. Well, I turn the corner and ahead of me I see another Charger and think to myself wow a lot of Chargers are around today. As I get closer I see that the trunk is blacked out and I think cool another Daytona and I speed up to get a closer look. Then I notice a Super Bee emblem on the left hand upper part of the trunk. I think to myself O.K. maybe he's a Super Bee fan...a little tacky but O.K. So he changes lanes to turn and a pass by. I give his/her car a look and see the Super Bee stripes and logo on the rear corner panel. Well I think to myself WTF. I thought that the Super Bees only came in detonator yellow. Am I wrong??

I mean I don't want to disparage anyone, but if you ain't got it don't dress it up like one. Be proud of what you bought and paid for!!!

I can see it if you bought a base model and mod'ed it up then go for it but...you know........:errf:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
No SuperBee's were red. He's a fake. Also, there isn't a superbee emblem on the trunk at all so he's also wrong in his faking (besides the color). See pic for reference...

-J

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!!! Didn't think it was real and didn't want to look like an idiot after going on a rant about fakers

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm still hoping they make the Blue Super Bee though!! :rockon:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I mean I don't want to disparage anyone, but if you ain't got it don't dress it up like one. Be proud of what you bought and paid for!!!

I can see it if you bought a base model and mod'ed it up then go for it but...you know........:errf:
No SuperBee's were red. He's a fake. Also, there isn't a superbee emblem on the trunk at all so he's also wrong in his faking (besides the color). See pic for reference...

-J
You probbaly couldn't tell this from your story, but was the car at least a SRT8. If he was, I suggest leaving the man alone.

Now if it was a V6 or even a R/T then I would say that he was posing.

Am I wrong, but are the stickers, for the most part, the only difference between the SRT8 and SuperBee.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts

-J
Mighty harsh words for just putting a classic mopar logo on your car. I considered doing it BEFORE the yellow Superbee came out. I wouldn't have considered myself "a fake" for doing it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You probbaly couldn't tell this from your story, but was the car at least a SRT8. If he was, I suggest leaving the man alone.

Now if it was a V6 or even a R/T then I would say that he was posing.

Am I wrong, but are the stickers, for the most part, the only difference between the SRT8 and SuperBee.
Yes, and some minor interior diffs, like the EVIC coming up with the bee...

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I've seen a Superbee Intrepid once................yeah..............it was sad

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am all for showing love to the classics, but an intrepid superbee.....uuuggghhh

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Mighty harsh words for just putting a classic mopar logo on your car. I considered doing it BEFORE the yellow Superbee came out. I wouldn't have considered myself "a fake" for doing it.
Ok you're right that was harsh. Sorry. Emotion took over before rational thought! Honestly those who would really care when looking at the car would probably know the difference anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.
-J

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yes, and some minor interior diffs, like the EVIC coming up with the bee...
Right.
And don't forget the color, number plate, wheels (which can be ordered on any SRT), badges, and yellow stitching on seats (part of the interior diff's you mentioned)
-J

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'm still hoping they make the Blue Super Bee though!! :rockon:
Verified by a Dodge dealership yesterday. Also verified by someone on the forums the color will be B5 Blue.
-J

·
Registered
498 Posts
Verified by a Dodge dealership yesterday. Also verified by someone on the forums the color will be B5 Blue.
-J
Will it be a "Petty" blue, or more metallic?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Will it be a "Petty" blue, or more metallic?
The same member of these forums said B5 Blue is very close to this...

-J

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a black SRT8, and I have been toying with the idea of putting red Super Bee stripes on it, since Dodge doesn't (and probably won't) make a black and red Bee. The red stripes would go quite nicely with the red calipers and the red interior stitching. Any thoughts on this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts