Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Its all about the driver with these two!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea those cars are really close quickness and speed wise. but by any other criteria the srt8 is worlds apart from the gto (LOOKS/style, roominess, build quality (imo), roominess, comfort and everything else)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
yea those cars are really close quickness and speed wise. but by any other criteria the srt8 is worlds apart from the gto (LOOKS/style, roominess, build quality (imo), roominess, comfort and everything else)
they should be they run for 20k more

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
a performance chart of srt8 and gto

The performance of the GTO 6.1 litre is more potential in the fact that the GTO is lighter vehicle and has an manual transmission. If the GTO has a 4 speed automatic. The performance would good to the better driver. In response to the caddy it has a front wheel drive and I doesn't qualify to be the same class. Caddy has world most powerful stock front drive with 340 Hp. Try steering with all that power in the front wheels.
LOL

·
Registered
176 Posts
In response to the caddy it has a front wheel drive and I doesn't qualify to be the same class. Caddy has world most powerful stock front drive with 340 Hp. Try steering with all that power in the front wheels.
LOL
Ummmm... The CTS and STS are both RWD. The STS is avalible with AWD.

The only FWD Caddy passenger car is the Luxo Barge DTS.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The performance of the GTO 6.1 litre is more potential in the fact that the GTO is lighter vehicle and has an manual transmission. If the GTO has a 4 speed automatic. The performance would good to the better driver. In response to the caddy it has a front wheel drive and I doesn't qualify to be the same class. Caddy has world most powerful stock front drive with 340 Hp. Try steering with all that power in the front wheels.
LOL
Wow, just wow.

Special K meet Special Ed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would start down that road my friend. The GTO is a very well built car and for a coupe is very roomy and the front seats are some of the best in the industry. When the 04 GTO came out there were many articles and tv shows praising the Interior as the best in GMs line-up.

As far as the Chargers interior, I wouldn't say its setting the world on fire. From the Chargers I driven R/T and numerous rentals. I say they are about the same as an equivelant Impala or Fussion, not bad but I wouldn't bringing interior build quality into the descussion either.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I would start down that road my friend. The GTO is a very well built car and for a coupe is very roomy and the front seats are some of the best in the industry. When the 04 GTO came out there were many articles and tv shows praising the Interior as the best in GMs line-up.

As far as the Chargers interior, I wouldn't say its setting the world on fire. From the Chargers I driven R/T and numerous rentals. I say they are about the same as an equivelant Impala or Fussion, not bad but I wouldn't bringing interior build quality into the descussion either.
maybe u should try sitting in a road and track model
or better yet an 08 road and track

·
Registered
136 Posts
LOL

Were to start.... Ahh yes.

1. GTO 6.0L
2. CTS-V are rear wheel drive
3. A4 GTOs get down the 1/4 faster than the M6.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

the Charger has a lot more interior room
much more sophisticated suspension
outhandles the GTO
outbrakes the GTO
has a higher top speed
better looks

the GTO

is cheaper
offers a manual transmission for more fun
less HAL
Has a godzillion more good mods available

Neither has a world class interior!

Both should run for over 200,000 miles if you just change the oil and tune them!

·
Registered
201 Posts
maybe u should try sitting in a road and track model
or better yet an 08 road and track
I have driven a loaded up R/T and it's on par with my dads 06 Impala SS. Both nice cars but to say it's in another league compared to the GTO is laughable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts