Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get the Dual gauge a pillar pod from hhp and then some gauges. Im looking to get the Air/Fuel ratio gauge, Oil presure gauge, and Engine temperature gauge. Im most likely going to get all digital and or electric gauges. Im looking for black with a blue backlit light. Any help finding gauges would be great. Also if anyone has done something like this on the lx's how hard was it? Do i need any additional things wires tubing? Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
i too want to get these gauges but the thing is will they work right with my v6?? but yea that will add a great touch to your car....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Go on line and check out Auto Meter for gauges. They have a number of styles. There are a couple good vendors out there. I got the numbers from the web for mine (went with a DPIC and a real water temp gauge) and went to a local auto parts store and actually got a better price. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may be slightly bias, but I say go with Prosport Gauges...lol

Really though, we are here in case you have any questions, tech advice, etc..

feedback too...let us know if you have any suggestions!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I too am looking for this mod, and does anyone have a source for the guage pod that fits and matches our interior perfectly Without Painting?

Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So far, my research has only found two manufacturers of gauge pods

1. Propods. they make dual and triple gauge pods in a sort of grey finish, doesn't match te car interior but it is close

2. Autometer. They make dual pod in black finish, it has to be painted to match.

You can see the actual models here

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Categories.bok?category=Dodge+CHARGER%3AInterior

Even that i really wanted three gauges, i went with the dual autometer pod, if you closely see the gauges in this pod hang downwards while the propods stick to the side and obstruct the view out of the windshield in a considerable manner.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Had not seen the autometer pods, only the propods, which I also thought stuck out way too far, so I had written off this idea. Now i'm back to thinking about it. But what paint do you use to match the existing interior, and hopefully not crack up due to plastic flexing...?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i really want to do this mod. but this kind of mod was the shot that killed my dads 350 stroker el camino he built a custom 85 am the tranny got effed up by messing with the computer to run the pods could never get it to run right again now it sits in the drivway and collects dust

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well...

Had not seen the autometer pods, only the propods, which I also thought stuck out way too far, so I had written off this idea. Now i'm back to thinking about it. But what paint do you use to match the existing interior, and hopefully not crack up due to plastic flexing...?
Autometer tellsyou right in the ad to use VHT plastic paint and VHT makes a "Chrysler tan" as well as a special plastic prep spray. I am about to do this mod so I will post pics.

i really want to do this mod. but this kind of mod was the shot that killed my dads 350 stroker el camino he built a custom 85 am the tranny got effed up by messing with the computer to run the pods could never get it to run right again now it sits in the drivway and collects dust
That's a bummer. Why not pull the guages wiring loose, replace the computer, and enjoy the rest of the hard work you guys did? Seems like a shame to write off a whole car just because it's messed up a little bit. :)

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
So far, my research has only found two manufacturers of gauge pods

1. Propods. they make dual and triple gauge pods in a sort of grey finish, doesn't match te car interior but it is close

2. Autometer. They make dual pod in black finish, it has to be painted to match.

You can see the actual models here

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Categories.bok?category=Dodge+CHARGER:Interior

Even that i really wanted three gauges, i went with the dual autometer pod, if you closely see the gauges in this pod hang downwards while the propods stick to the side and obstruct the view out of the windshield in a considerable manner.
this just cost me money. Torred 1179 sorta talked me out of this when he indicated the gauges are always in his way....now I know there is a better option....SWEET.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Autometer tellsyou right in the ad to use VHT plastic paint and VHT makes a "Chrysler tan" as well as a special plastic prep spray. I am about to do this mod so I will post pics.
I didn't knew about the VHT plastic paint! I have just placed an order for mine. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts

That's a bummer. Why not pull the guages wiring loose, replace the computer, and enjoy the rest of the hard work you guys did? Seems like a shame to write off a whole car just because it's messed up a little bit. :)
I said we have never got it to run right again already pulled everything. it blew 2 or third gear depending on the mood of the comp that day and caused the number 4 cylinder to go out we already dumped like 20k into this car now were done with it

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I'm all for supporting forum vendors, but I may go HHP on this because the gauges I am after are from Auto meter, and most closely resemble the instrument cluster colors and configuration, both day/night.

Yep - I did not want to paint but you are right! The three guage Pro Pod model REALLY sticks out there!

Left to right; Autometer, ProPods
The only thing I don't like about the Autometer pods is that the lower pod obstructs the vent. Do they have a dual pod with the pods up higher?

Does anyone have pics of both types sitting from the driver's seat looking straight out and then over at the gages...like you would be looking when you're actually driving?

·
Premium Member
748 Posts

Top gauge is a PLX Display. Completey customizable, up to 4 modules can be monitored simultaneously.

Lower gauge is a DCM Data Logger. I leave it monitoring Acceleration/Deceleration G's, which joy riders find entertaining. Can measure (and store) best times for 60' runs, 0-60, 1/4 mile as well as braking times. Lateral G's are fun on the twisties. :)

Expensive otpions, but very cool. I switched both so I can turn them off for night cruising.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Cool

.... Lower gauge is a DCM Data Logger. I leave it monitoring Acceleration/Deceleration G's, which joy riders find entertaining. Can measure (and store) best times for 60' runs, 0-60, 1/4 mile as well as braking times. Lateral G's are fun on the twisties. :)

Expensive otpions, but very cool. I switched both so I can turn them off for night cruising.
Hey how do you like that D-Pic? I am installing one in a week or so (its in the mail).

Thanks for the pic and post.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts