Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that may seem stupid but i really don't know much about cars :nervous s .. when i first got my car the salesman who showed me the car's features told me about the automatic headlamps but also told me not to keep the switch on the auto all the time since it will drain my battery.. is it true?!! :knockout:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My god.......when will these dealers get a clue!

Nope. It won't do a darn thing to your battery.

- Mark

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
There are no stupid questions... only the occasional stupid answer.

But not on this forum. :lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Coffee almost shot through my nose reading this. OMG, do they HAVE to send dealers through stupid school in order to sell cars? That's almost like saying the spinning of the wheels during driving causes wear and tear on you dash panel. <Now where did I put my smackin' stick>

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Stupid is as stupid does and the salesman was doing stupid way too much...needs to check into rehab and get over his addiction. Glad you're comfortable enough to ask the Q's here cuz there is a lot of knowledge here.

BTW, welcome!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Problem is, dealers have cars sit on the lot for extended periods of time and features that would not cause a problem with regular use, could cause a problem we just sitting around. I can't imagine the auto headlights draining power with the key off, but an alarm, of course, does. So, some dealers will pull the alarm fuse to keep the batteries from going dead. Kind of ironic, aint it.
Anyway, this guy was probably a bit confused about what does, and doesn't use power with the car turned off. Plus, he was thinking of a car on a lot, not in a garage.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Problem is, dealers have cars sit on the lot for extended periods of time and features that would not cause a problem with regular use, could cause a problem we just sitting around. I can't imagine the auto headlights draining power with the key off, but an alarm, of course, does. So, some dealers will pull the alarm fuse to keep the batteries from going dead. Kind of ironic, aint it.
Anyway, this guy was probably a bit confused about what does, and doesn't use power with the car turned off. Plus, he was thinking of a car on a lot, not in a garage.
Stop killing the fun! We're "stupid-salesman's-advice-bashing" here! :grin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this might be a reasonable explanation.. since my car is a 2006 model and i just got it last month, for a good price :cool:

Thanx everyone for ur feedback,, am glad i joined these forums :lol:

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I think this might be a reasonable explanation.. since my car is a 2006 model and i just got it last month, for a good price :cool:

Thanx everyone for ur feedback,, am glad i joined these forums :lol:
Oh, DON'T listen to HIM! :rolleyes: (Or at LEAST, don't TELL him!) Now we won't be able to live with his insufferable smugness....

:lol:

·
Registered
13,222 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Hey no thread jacking! hehe

We are glad ya joined too. Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.