Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
that looks good, 58Hawk... did you post that at allpar? question though, was the 300 Hemi C based on the old LX platform or the new one (magnum, 300C, ???...)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I think I did post it on allpar. Yes the 300N was based on the LH platform but in the early days it was not unusual to see 300 M test mules on LX platforms. So my guess would be that it would not be impossible to see the 300N or some thing close to it show up on the LX platform. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
58Hawk, you need to look at the third newest granted patented given to DCX at the patent office.

The two prior were the 300 SRT and the Magnum SRT.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hemidakota said:
58Hawk, you need to look at the third newest granted patented given to DCX at the patent office.

The two prior were the 300 SRT and the Magnum SRT.
Assuming you mean the third newest "automobile body" patent granted to DCX, Patent No. D490,023, that looks like a Chrysler Airflite to me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Styling cues are drawn from three cars as with the final 300 by Gillis and the team.

I wonder when the coupe is coming out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hemidakota said:
Styling cues are drawn from three cars as with the final 300 by Gillis and the team.

I wonder when the coupe is coming out.
I've been wondering that myself.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Remember, what I hear, the patent submission should be around Sept-Oct timeframe before the showing.

Sideline: what is up with the Dakota lately. Production has been announced with rag mag reviews. Yet, there are a couple mules with front end bras on the truck. Another Hemi production truck?

I want to get another Dakota and replace the Ram heavy weight.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hemidakota said:
Remember, what I hear, the patent submission should be around Sept-Oct timeframe before the showing.

Sideline: what is up with the Dakota lately. Production has been announced with rag mag reviews. Yet, there are a couple mules with front end bras on the truck. Another Hemi production truck?

I want to get another Dakota and replace the Ram heavy weight.
I sold my '00 Dak R/T and got an '04 SRT-4 instead. It was going to take too much money just to get the Dak to run the 1/4 mile as fast as the SRT-4 stock.

I saw a new style Dakota on the 15 between here (Vegas) and stateline. It was all black but did not have any camoflage on it. Perhaps they're still doing hot weather testing...

·
Registered
291 Posts
MoparMan said:
I sold my '00 Dak R/T and got an '04 SRT-4 instead. It was going to take too much money just to get the Dak to run the 1/4 mile as fast as the SRT-4 stock.

I saw a new style Dakota on the 15 between here (Vegas) and stateline. It was all black but did not have any camoflage on it. Perhaps they're still doing hot weather testing...
Was the rims blacked out? I have to go back and check the rims out to see if they are the SRT version.

The new Dakota starts production next month and why would they still test it when it should be done last year in preparation for production?

·
Registered
153 Posts
hemidakota said:
Was the rims blacked out? I have to go back and check the rims out to see if they are the SRT version.

The new Dakota starts production next month and why would they still test it when it should be done last year in preparation for production?
The rims were blacked out but I never noticed if the truck had dual exhaust or not. The onyl reason I could think of for such late date testing would be some sort of fix for a problem that cropped up late in the engineering cycle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That was the test mule with the hemi 5.7.

According to the XXXX, DCx marketing says no for now, but the plant is testing Daks on the line with 5.7’s in them. They fit, but not sure if all of the testing meets their requirements....

·
Registered
153 Posts
hemidakota said:
That was the test mule with the hemi 5.7.

According to the XXXX, DCx marketing says no for now, but the plant is testing Daks on the line with 5.7’s in them. They fit, but not sure if all of the testing meets their requirements....
Unfortunately, I was driving in somewhat thick traffic that was moving along at 85 so I didn't have much time to pay attention to the Dak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts