Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking to my classroom today (I'm a highschool teacher) and a couple of kids came up to me and said "Hey sir, I really like your car". I'm getting use to these comments and I am proud of my car, but what they said next almost brought tears to my eyes. One of the other student's asked "what kind of car is it" to which the first person replied, "Its a new Mitsubishi Galant!" I've never wanted to slap a student more. I just took a deep breath and calmly corrected him. "Sorry, but its a charger" Granted my car is debadged, but some things are just rediculous. I guess I should have left on the Hemi badges!

·
Registered
549 Posts
They do look similar in shape and some features almost appear to be directly lifted from the Charger.....yeah I said it but if you have seen the new ones you will know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
They do look similar in shape and some features almost appear to be directly lifted from the Charger.....yeah I said it but if you have seen the new ones you will know what I am talking about.

Thats not a complete shock since Chrysler owns (at least used to) a certain percentage of Mitsubishi. I have a 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI (on ebay right now!!!) and the engine says 2.6L Mitsubishi on it as well as the 6 or 7 tags on all over the car saying 'Manufactured in Japan by Mitsubishi Corp. for Chrysler America'..... I think they still share some design through out....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah. The first time I saw one of them I was thinking oh yeah a Charger......then I was like WTF....not a Charger. There is a guy here in the Condo complex that has a Galant that looks really sharp but I want RWD and a V8 so the Charger is the car of choice......and it looks better too :)

Later

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just dont see it, the only similar things I see are the frenched headlights.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Sho'Nuff said:
One of the other student's asked...
some things are just rediculous
Must not be an English teacher! (just teasing)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moparfan said:
Must not be an English teacher! (just teasing)
Yur rite. im' not a Inglish teachr.

·
Registered
82 Posts
LOL... my girlfriend was driving one day and pointed at a Galant and said "look, there's your Charger!" I almost had a heart attack! I thought she was the only crazy one, but I guess not! :happy:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Sho'Nuff said:
I was walking to my classroom today (I'm a highschool teacher) and a couple of kids came up to me and said "Hey sir, I really like your car". I'm getting use to these comments and I am proud of my car, but what they said next almost brought tears to my eyes. One of the other student's asked "what kind of car is it" to which the first person replied, "Its a new Mitsubishi Galant!" I've never wanted to slap a student more. I just took a deep breath and calmly corrected him. "Sorry, but its a charger" Granted my car is debadged, but some things are just rediculous. I guess I should have left on the Hemi badges!
Hey Sho'Nuff, this student..............would he happen to be in one of your classes? Hhmmmmm? :twisted: That'll learn 'em!! (southern talk) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
gawall said:
???
Boy I don't see it at all. Looks like 2 different autos to me.
I agree I don't see the comparison. The galant looks like any run of the mill family sedan, tha charge looks like pure power that can carry a family.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They do kinda look similiar from the rear. There's been a couple of times I have had to do a double take, And I am a dyed-in-wool guy. I had a black 83 Monte Carlo in high school and alot of people would mistake for a Cutlass. I also have a 70 Monte Carlo sharing the garage with the Charger and I have had a couple of people think it was a Cutlass. Go Figure

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've double taked a few times myself..but only when seeing it from behind.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
flashg said:
They do kinda look similiar from the rear. There's been a couple of times I have had to do a double take, And I am a dyed-in-wool guy. I had a black 83 Monte Carlo in high school and alot of people would mistake for a Cutlass. I also have a 70 Monte Carlo sharing the garage with the Charger and I have had a couple of people think it was a Cutlass. Go Figure

Thats funny, my first car was a 1978 cutlass and every one at school thought it was a Monte (some thought it was a Regal, you weren't cool unless you had a Regal :rolleyes: ).... They seemed to get disapointed when I said its an Olds....

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
Thats funny, my first car was a 1978 cutlass and every one at school thought it was a Monte (some thought it was a Regal, you weren't cool unless you had a Regal :rolleyes: ).... They seemed to get disapointed when I said its an Olds....
Hell Crazy, they didn't know what was cool. I had an '87 Hurst Olds 442 w/ lightning rods, black, w/ fat racing tires and the whole shmeel. That car rocked. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts