Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, and Gentlemen...I am looking for a few heroes on our forum. A real good friend of mine, his son Jonathan Freeman (who is 8) has been dianosed for the second time in a year with Ewings Sarcoma, an agressive cancer. Last year we had a fund raiser in which we raised about 60,000 dollars for the family...that money ran out just as they gave him a clean bill of health in April of this year. By June they had discovered the cancer had returned and was spreading at an alarming rate. His prognosis is not good, and his only hope of survival is to have a bone marrow transplant. The good news is that his brother has the exact match ( the odds are somewhat close to winning the lottery that anyone has an exact match) so a donor is already found.
Read about Jon's story here:

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf
Here is where you hero types come in...The family is in need of some financial help...the cost for chemo treatments and radiation treatments are staggering. I have done whatever I can to help my son's best friend, but there are limits to what I can do...So now I have the un-enviable task of begging the members( and non-members) of the forum to donate a little money to a little boy you don't even know. The timing couldn't be worse. Watching the coverage of the devastation on the Gulf coast as I am writing this ( my prayers go out to everyone affected by the storm) I know there are many in need...but we are desperate, the window of oppurtunity for Jon is closing fast. As a father, I can't imagine what that family is going through. All I can tell you about them is that, they are the type of people who would go above and beyond to help others.
We have over 1100 members on the forums, even if everyone only gave a buck...that would pay for chemo treatments for a month, and they could buy groceries and the like...what a choice to have to make, food or the survival of a son.
If you feel moved to donate, go to any Wells Fargo bank and give to the Jonathan Freeman Fund account #3189445301
The Freeman and Fredrickson(mine) families thank you in advance for your generosity...

Admins, please sticky this thread so we can reach as many as possible

I know this is the best Automotive forum on the web, now's our chance to prove it. Thank you for your time and effort, hopefully we can make a difference in a young boys life....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Or get us an address to send a check, and consider it done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mail adress is as follows:

The Jonathan Freeman Fund
c/o Wells Fargo Bank
2222 s. Buckley Rd.
Aurora, CO 80013
I have also been told that you can walk in to any Wells Fargo bank and make a donation using the acct# in the above link.
Again, much thanks for any help you can give...no matter how small or large!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Check is in the mail (for real) and prayers already rerceived. All my best to The Freemans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmaloy said:
Check is in the mail (for real) and prayers already rerceived. All my best to The Freemans.
THANK YOU!!! I appreciate the support of the forums on this...B.T.W., Here in CO there are several water drives going on for the victims on the gulf coast...I bought 5 cases to send, as much as I can afford this week, and I urge you all to do the same...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
chargershed said:
The mail adress is as follows:

The Jonathan Freeman Fund
c/o Wells Fargo Bank
2222 s. Buckley Rd.
Aurora, CO 80013
I have also been told that you can walk in to any Wells Fargo bank and make a donation using the acct# in the above link.
Again, much thanks for any help you can give...no matter how small or large!
Hey chargershed, there is no wells fargo in my area, is there a paypal account we could contribute to? thanks, Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not that I'm aware of, unfortunately...we had to get this set up in a hurry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
chargershed said:
not that I'm aware of, unfortunately...we had to get this set up in a hurry
Ok, a money order will be sent to the address you gave, God bless your friends, I've been there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am awestruck by the response to this thread, you guys are AWSOME!! it has exceeded my expectations...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
chargershed said:
I am awestruck by the response to this thread, you guys are AWSOME!! it has exceeded my expectations...
Consider it done my brother,I enjoy greatly to give to someone such as Jonathan. I had lost someone dear to me several years ago to something similar,but The Red Cross couldn't find a matching bone marrow donor in time. So every chance I get,I love to help where I can.God Bless Jonathan and His Family and friends.I am a living witness to, and total believer of and in, The Power of Prayer! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Consider it done my brother,I enjoy greatly to give to someone such as Jonathan. I had lost someone dear to me several years ago to something similar. So every chance I get,I love to help where I can.God Bless Jonathan and His Family and friends.I am a living witness to, and total believer in the power of prayer! :)
AHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My family lost a father a few years back to cancer, so this is near and dear to my heart as well. Spoke to the Freeman's today and needless to say they are blown away by the generosity of strangers...If there is anything I can do for you guys, please let me know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
chargershed said:
My family lost a father a few years back to cancer, so this is near and dear to my heart as well. Spoke to the Freeman's today and needless to say they are blown away by the generosity of strangers...If there is anything I can do for you guys, please let me know...
Buy me a beer at a national charger srt-8 meet. Only problem, I can't order mine yet and probably realistically won't see car built and delivered until at least Christmas. AHhhhhhhhh---What A major league present though!!! :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
chargershed said:
My family lost a father a few years back to cancer, so this is near and dear to my heart as well. Spoke to the Freeman's today and needless to say they are blown away by the generosity of strangers...If there is anything I can do for you guys, please let me know...
You just did!!!!! You and The Freemans are welcome!!!!!! :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
chargershed,
A few days ago, I started a thread about doing a "Member's Charger calendar" - Anyhow, After finding out from the admin "ekool" that the Charger forums site didn't need any of the money from the calendar, I thought that maybe we could donate all profits to your Friend (for his son's medical expenses).

Anyhow, in a recent post to the "Calendar" thread, I put that idea out there - But, the thought is also open for sending the money to the hurricane victims. I'm not sure how much money we could pull in for the calendar (probably not much), but we could split the money between the hurricane victims and your friend's medical expenses.

Well, hopefully we can do this.

Here is the "Calendar" thread link > http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16236#post16236


Brian T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Mondy order sent this a.m., god bless the Freemans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BT1024 said:
chargershed,
A few days ago, I started a thread about doing a "Member's Charger calendar" - Anyhow, After finding out from the admin "ekool" that the Charger forums site didn't need any of the money from the calendar, I thought that maybe we could donate all profits to your Friend (for his son's medical expenses).

Anyhow, in a recent post to the "Calendar" thread, I put that idea out there - But, the thought is also open for sending the money to the hurricane victims. I'm not sure how much money we could pull in for the calendar (probably not much), but we could split the money between the hurricane victims and your friend's medical expenses.

Well, hopefully we can do this.

Here is the "Calendar" thread link > http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16236#post16236


Brian T.
Brian, thank you for the idea...Again everyone on this forum is so generous it is truly amazing. I think the proceeds from the Calendar should go to the Red Cross for Hurricane relief and those who wish to give to Jonathan can continue to do so on their own. That way it can be stated that the money is going to one entity, and a very worthy cause indeed!

I'll try to keep an update on jon's condition when I recieve information, yesterday he started radiation treatments in an attempt to put the cancer in remission so they can do the bone marrow transplant operation in about a month. thoughts and prayers, please...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top