Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've gone and done it. Another poor man's mod in the books. I finally replaced my paper air filter with the aFe drop-in. I prefer this to K&N because it is oil free, so I don't have to mess with "charging" it. Not enough "gluteal dyno" data yet to render an opinion.

As far as my slight case of "CDS" (Charger Deprivation Syndrome), I dropped my car at the 2nd dealer for the front end knock issue (first dealer went out of business after back-ordering the parts). I also (finally) decided to complain about the EVIC button bezels being cracked.

So, tomorrow I'll be riding in style in my wife's 2002 Grand Caravan Sport. Thats right: Sport.
:grin:

For those who are dying to know what dealer I took it to (anyone? Bueller?), I went with Feeny in Elgin purely because of logistics, and Manris's recommendation. I'll report back tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Well, I've gone and done it. Another poor man's mod in the books. I finally replaced my paper air filter with the aFe drop-in. I prefer this to K&N because it is oil free, so I don't have to mess with "charging" it. Not enough "gluteal dyno" data yet to render an opinion.

As far as my slight case of "CDS" (Charger Deprivation Syndrome), I dropped my car at the 2nd dealer for the front end knock issue (first dealer went out of business after back-ordering the parts). I also (finally) decided to complain about the EVIC button bezels being cracked.

So, tomorrow I'll be riding in style in my wife's 2002 Grand Caravan Sport. Thats right: Sport.
:grin:

For those who are dying to know what dealer I took it to (anyone? Bueller?), I went with Feeny in Elgin purely because of logistics, and Manris's recommendation. I'll report back tomorrow...
I hope they take care of ya... Was the service manager cool with you? I'll feel like poop if you end up not being happy.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope they take care of ya... Was the service manager cool with you? I'll feel like poop if you end up not being happy.

I guess we'll know the answer to that tomorrow night...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
my mechanic is gonna have my car until at least some time friday doing my header/cats/catback install ;( thank god my brother is off to college(i work back in our home town) and didnt take his car so i get his old tahoe with the black 20's and a bangin sub :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

They fixed the suspension today (THANK GOD the parts were available), and ordered the EVIC buttons/bezels for delivery tomorrow. So I'll have another 24 hours or so of no Charger. The good news is that I'm only working a half day tomorrow, so I can go and get my car as soon as it's done, and leave the Caravan there until my wife gets back...

They recommended some sort of $250 throttle body/engine cleaning, which I declined. This may somehow be related to the hard starting I've noticed lately. Then again, maybe my service advisor has been reading the forums and thought he could sell me on it (Hi, Brian, if you're reading this!).

Lastly, they recommended new tires, which is not much of a surprise, since they're Conti's with 31,600 miles on them. This may well be the record- what prize do I win?

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
TTA had a cracked PCV hose which caused his hard starting... ceck yours out.

I hope it's A-OK tomorrow!

·
Registered
964 Posts
hey DA x6 what did they do to fix the knockin noise from the suspension.. im havin the same issue..

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
They fixed the suspension today (THANK GOD the parts were available), and ordered the EVIC buttons/bezels for delivery tomorrow. So I'll have another 24 hours or so of no Charger. The good news is that I'm only working a half day tomorrow, so I can go and get my car as soon as it's done, and leave the Caravan there until my wife gets back...

They recommended some sort of $250 throttle body/engine cleaning, which I declined. This may somehow be related to the hard starting I've noticed lately. Then again, maybe my service advisor has been reading the forums and thought he could sell me on it (Hi, Brian, if you're reading this!).

Lastly, they recommended new tires, which is not much of a surprise, since they're Conti's with 31,600 miles on them. This may well be the record- what prize do I win?
Sounds like they are takin' care of ya... glad to hear

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You had the clunk?! Did they hear the noise? Was it the control arm? WHO FIXED IT?!?!
All fixed. The car feels like new. They replaced the outer tie rods and lower strut arms. The front end now feels tighter than a Salt Lake City debutante.

The EVIC buttons are now pristine, and wonderful! The cracks never really bothered me much, I thought, but wow, it's good to have them gone. For the record, I got the '06, silver buttons. I was wondering if they'd replace them with the '07 black ones.

Unlike a certain Brit who's about to be deported, they didn't need to replace the whole steering wheel. By now, they've had enough experience with that problem that they've produced a buttload of '06 EVIC buttons & bezels.

This was a wonderful service experience at Feeny Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge in Elgin. I was reluctant to go there after a less-than satisfying experience with my wife's Grand Caravan, but they're back in my good graces...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Did they actually hear the noise? Left side, right side, or both??
I have no earthly idea- they just replaced the parts, and everything is wonderful again. Left side for sure, but probably right side as well. They put 2 miles on it, which would have been more than enough to realize that there was a problem...

I'm guessing my knock was worse than yours- I have a high threshold for things like this...

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
How far are they from Lansing? :nervous s

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts