Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little "Junk in the Trunk".... COMPLETED

Updadated Pics[/B]Adding a little more "Low End" to the system of the Charger. Throwing four Rockford Fosgate 10's in a sealed enclosure along with one of their chrome series amps, 200 watts per sub. I plan on pulling the stock battery and putting a Optima battery in the side "hole" on the right and the 1.2 fared cap and fuse box on in the left "hole", both behind plexi with blue neon inside. I will work it so everything is flush mounted on the floor and I will only lose ablot 2" of space from my trunk. Gotta keep room for the golf clubs, Lol! I plan on getting a carpet with the SRT8 Logo embroidered in the middle. The amp and subs will be under plexi for protection under the mat. This way it looks stock to unwanted on-lookers. I'll keep pictures coming as I go. having to do a little at a time. I still have to re-inforce the box, but this is the start.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Little junk, master of understatement?

Who needs hydraulics with that set up :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little junk, master of understatement?

Who needs hydraulics with that set up :)
Ya... hope it doesn't get too heavy! Lol! That MDF is pretty heavy without the speakers and amp!

·
Registered
230 Posts
how many hp does this mod add???? j/k looks good

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
just wait untill your trunk lid and rear deck start rattling-your going to kick your self in the butt for not dyamating them. and you might need a bigger amp to run all four of those sub's-that amp is going to get real hot real fast trying to push all 4 of them subs. make sure you replace the factory ground cable from the battery to the side frame rail TO a 4 gauge wire and scape the primer off the ground post- this will help keep the lights from flickering and boost the alternator out put 13.70 to the low 14's [volt's] i really like the box [nice]

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just wait untill your trunk lid and rear deck start rattling-your going to kick your self in the butt for not dyamating them. and you might need a bigger amp to run all four of those sub's-that amp is going to get real hot real fast trying to push all 4 of them subs. make sure you replace the factory ground cable from the battery to the side frame rail TO a 4 gauge wire and scape the primer off the ground post- this will help keep the lights from flickering and boost the alternator out put 13.70 to the low 14's [volt's] i really like the box [nice]
Thanks. I have four boxes of road kill. I competed in IASCA SQ+ (SPL) for years and I've had many days dealing with noisy metal and tags! Lol! The amp is fine, 200 watts/ch RMS, but I am a little worried about heat with the amp being flush mounted. I'll probably do a push/pull configuration with a set of fans just to make sure. I have up to "0" ga if I need it in my amp kit, but will probably just stick with the 4 ga. Also, i have a cap to help out with the juice. I had one car I did years ago that looked like it was winking at you at night. Lol! One question for you. I know you should try and keep the ground wire as short as possible and the fuse 18" or closer to the battery on the power side, but I was wanting to put it on the opposite side of the car. There will still be about four feet of power wire from the fuse before it reached the amp, do you think this will be OK.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The main purpose of the fuse under the hood isto protect the car. Say youre in an accident and that wire gets pinched or grounded out before the fuse...big problems. Thats why the shorter the better. Will it be ok? Sure...so long as you arent involved in any accidents. Ive worked on many customer installed systems, where they dont have a fuse holder AT ALL...much less the reccomended 18"...

Its a risk, Id personally rather not take. :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The main purpose of the fuse under the hood isto protect the car. Say youre in an accident and that wire gets pinched or grounded out before the fuse...big problems. Thats why the shorter the better. Will it be ok? Sure...so long as you arent involved in any accidents. Ive worked on many customer installed systems, where they dont have a fuse holder AT ALL...much less the reccomended 18"...

Its a risk, Id personally rather not take. :)
Battery is in the trunk. It's more for trying to catch the "short" as close to the power supply (battery) as possible, so the fuse has time to react and therefore protecting the equipment, i.e. amp.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I know where the battery is...:)
It was a general statement....

The fuse is more to pretect the car than the equipment...almost any piece of equipment should have its own fuse these days.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Adding a little more "Low End" to the system of the Charger. Throwing four Rockford Fosgate 10's in a sealed enclosure along with one of their chrome series amps, 200 watts per sub. I plan on pulling the stock battery and putting a Optima battery in the side "hole" on the right and the 1.2 fared cap and fuse box on in the left "hole", both behind plexi with blue neon inside. I will work it so everything is flush mounted on the floor and I will only lose ablot 2" of space from my trunk. Gotta keep room for the golf clubs, Lol! I plan on getting a carpet with the SRT8 Logo embroidered in the middle. The amp and subs will be under plexi for protection under the mat. This way it looks stock to unwanted on-lookers. I'll keep pictures coming as I go. having to do a little at a time. I still have to re-inforce the box, but this is the start.

DAM DREW looking nice !! What about fiberglass that would lighten it up right??

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
true about the ground-try to make it as short as pos-but also try and ground it back to the battery-on the chargers grounding to the metal is a little weak. and i would use that 0 gauge that you have for the ground wire-the amp cool's it self threw the heat sinks and threw the ground cable and as far as the fuse goes-put it no farther then 6 or 8 inches fron the battery and your good.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know where the battery is...:)
It was a general statement....

The fuse is more to pretect the car than the equipment...almost any piece of equipment should have its own fuse these days.
Sorry Brudda... didn't mean to sound like a jerk on that. Just had shots in my feet and they broke up some scar tissue and spurs and they were killing me.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DAM DREW looking nice !! What about fiberglass that would lighten it up right??
Ya, but I want keep it easily removable and FG is costly unless you get it in bulk and bondo's not cheap either, then you need to paint or cover. I figured I would have to use MDF or HDF to reinforce the inside and rings anyway. Good point though and I would have done it that way if I was going to have the box visable. Made a couple for my buddies and it takes a while, but looks sweet!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
do you have a picture with the box in the car?
As soon as I get my new battery and remove the old one I will. Too lazy to do it twice. Lol! I'll get you guys one as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
damn D!!! U REALLY need to stop!! My wife is goin to love your car more than mine!!! Wait..she hates my amp and sub already..so nevermind! :) I have the ok to get teh two tone done within the next couple of years once I get my degree from school!!!! A LONNG time to think of what I want to do!! geez!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oly sh*t batman!! :smoke: :silenced:
It's not actually going to break the 150 DB levels Lol! Especially compare to some of my old systems, but it will be a lot better than stock.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn D!!! U REALLY need to stop!! My wife is goin to love your car more than mine!!! Wait..she hates my amp and sub already..so nevermind! :) I have the ok to get teh two tone done within the next couple of years once I get my degree from school!!!! A LONNG time to think of what I want to do!! geez!!
Sweet Brudda! What colors are you thinking about?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts