Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the day finaly came!! the lion got his roar today =)

I finaly got all my stuff installed and it sounds great. Just as I suspected it sound much like the zoomers setup.

here are a few pictures for you guys, ill take more when I get my hands on a floor jack, apparently ours are both missing.

tips

both tips

the under side.

and here are a few movies I took with my lil cannon digi cam. if somone around here has a decent video camera Id love to make a good one. there is also a drive by video but I have to shrink it down some.

the tone is VERY low, so I suggest you have some good speakers to run the videos, even a sub would make a HUGE diffrence, just becarefull they are loud.

more to come.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
They sounds awesome, what did you install by the way to get it to sound like that? Seem's like in the third video your teasing us, you never go quite WOT, to hear it really roar.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mopart lt's and a volant cat back see the sig ;)

yeah well it was in park, it wont let you go WOT. i have another driveby video but i need to edit it some first.

btw its very quiet at idle and rolling around, just as I wanted it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
By the time I posted it too late when I saw the sig. Any drone while driving?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
none at all, its fully resonated.

only issue is the same as all the others, its hitting the crossmember on bumps, ill fix that shortly.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW i think that is the best sounding exhaust i've ever heard. seriously man that sounds awesome! i know you said it is quiet at idle, but those videos from behind it sounds freakin loud at start up and idle. i love how deep and refined the sound is too.

btw- i found the best way to listen to exhaust is with head phones plugged into the computer. i've got nice speakers, but it always sounds better on head phones.

but anyways it sounds like you made a great choice of cat back. that clip sounds better than any zoomers clip i've heard

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
They sounds awesome, what did you install by the way to get it to sound like that? Seem's like in the third video your teasing us, you never go quite WOT, to hear it really roar.
x2 about the last clip. you gotta get an interior video on the highway or somewhere where u can open it up and wind out a gear.

but it really does sound awesome i cant stop watchin the sound clips. i've watched em all like 6 times lol

·
Registered
856 Posts
WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW i think that is the best sounding exhaust i've ever heard. seriously man that sounds awesome! i know you said it is quiet at idle, but those videos from behind it sounds freakin loud at start up and idle. i love how deep and refined the sound is too.

btw- i found the best way to listen to exhaust is with head phones plugged into the computer. i've got nice speakers, but it always sounds better on head phones.

but anyways it sounds like you made a great choice of cat back. that clip sounds better than any zoomers clip i've heard
X2.............. very very very impressive setup OSU

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill take some more video today at WOT and on the hwy. I just gotta get it to stop knocking the damn crossmember first. =/

·
Registered
584 Posts
It looks and sounds awesome. The Volant exhaust is kinda new and there's not much talk about it here. What size are the pipes? What made you decide to get it? It looks like it would be among the more quiet systems.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
It looks and sounds awesome. The Volant exhaust is kinda new and there's not much talk about it here. What size are the pipes? What made you decide to get it? It looks like it would be among the more quiet systems.
x2, i wouldnt have expected it to be that loud!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
its not really THAT loud. just right if you ask me. its quiet and really low at low rpms but when you step on it and the air starts flowing it blows past the resonators faster. also I have the headers on too, so that helps. I imagine it will get louder as I get more miles on it though.

one more vid I made. I dont have any high speed ones yet, dont have anyone to help with that at the moment.

roll by --> quick burst --> slow down/idle

pipes are all 2.5 to my knowledge, I got it cause it was a good deal and was TOP quality stuff. even the welds are pretty. also I wanted something that wouldnt be super loud unless I was pushing it. When looking at it, it combined both styles of exhaust. The pipes are all very well bent and the mufflers and resonators are all straight through with nothing in the way. BUT the ends ARE fully resonated like zoomers so you get a nice low sound at low rpm. at high RPM it acts more like a magnaflow setup but without the rasp (thanks resonators :)).

Ill get some highway videos up later this afternoon. i just got around to looking at the crossmember thing.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
thanks for the extra video. it didnt sound as loud in that one so i guess that was more like what in sounds like in person. still deep, refined and just the right volume!

·
Registered
584 Posts
He's just teasing us with those videos. JUMP ON IT! I'd like to hear it full throttle from inside the car. I don't know why so many sound clips are just revving it up. How it sound to the driver while driving is what's important.

Your pictures of the Volant looks so good, I ordered my own!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have another at highspeed from inside, I hit 95 so its got some good WOT sound =) ill post it up a bit later.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well heres a new one, you asked for some WOT, you got it.

and here are the rest of the videos since I broke the other links moving things around.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fixed, see above.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts