Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im coming home today and what pulls up next to me ... a 99-00 Merc Cougar V6. Kid starts pacing right along side me on this long straight road and I just KNOW what he is thinking. I actually had one of them awhile ago and know its 170 hp is absolutely squat especially when they dyno in the 130 range. I continue to keep cruising along at 80mph when the kid downshifts HARD and all I hear is the nitrous start to spray! I couldnt let him get away with that so I immediately got on it and pass him like he was standing still. He decides he wants to try again (I guess he wanted to waste some nitrous?) and pulls alongside ... this time he nails it, sprayin all the way thru a good 4 car length lead -- thats when I decided to step on the loud pedal and within a second put a few lengths between us ---- he took the next exit :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
So im coming home today and what pulls up next to me ... a 99-00 Merc Cougar V6. Kid starts pacing right along side me on this long straight road and I just KNOW what he is thinking. I actually had one of them awhile ago and know its 170 hp is absolutely squat especially when they dyno in the 130 range. I continue to keep cruising along at 80mph when the kid downshifts HARD and all I hear is the nitrous start to spray! I couldnt let him get away with that so I immediately got on it and pass him like he was standing still. He decides he wants to try again (I guess he wanted to waste some nitrous?) and pulls alongside ... this time he nails it, sprayin all the way thru a good 4 car length lead -- thats when I decided to step on the loud pedal and within a second put a few lengths between us ---- he took the next exit :)
Hay, he started it:) Nice job!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
LOL he didnt learn the first time!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Are you sure he was really trying???

(I see that so much here, I had to say it. :lol: :lol: )

·
Registered
275 Posts
Are you sure he was really trying???

(I see that so much here, I had to say it. :lol: :lol: )
You will ALWAYS hear that especially if you beat a car the magazines say you can't. Some people are just idiots.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Unless you have a V6 too, it's a waste of gas and beneath you. Let the little guys play. I would look out for the big fish.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Unless you have a V6 too, it's a waste of gas and beneath you. Let the little guys play. I would look out for the big fish.
I say screw that!!! Before you know it, you'll have people in Cobalt SS's saying and thinking that they can beat us. "Ooops, did I say that?"

·
Registered
223 Posts
I say screw that!!! Before you know it, you'll have people in Cobalt SS's saying and thinking that they can beat us. "Ooops, did I say that?"
Sun Tzu's Art of War states that it is much better to intimidate an enemy into backing down than having to draw a sword and chop him into ribbons for a drawn sword can never be used perfectly. So it goes with street racing.

A cam with > .600 lift and > 230 degrees intake and exhaust duration at 0.05 should dissuade the peasants and if the lopey idle doesn't then a rev that nearly shatters their windows should. Otherwise, it is better to take things to the track - you put others and yourself at risk with street racing.

·
Registered
813 Posts
nice. maybe he was just stupid?? or just wanted to see her run?

·
Registered
857 Posts

It is like using a bazooka to take out an opponent who is packing a knife. Next time, maybe he will arm himself better.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
It is like using a bazooka to take out an opponent who is packing a knife. Next time, maybe he will arm himself better.
Smoke them all

If they are stupid enough to try it, smoke em.

Screw the track - smoke them where they live and breathe!

Real races are not on an antiseptic tract - they are on the street.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Smoke them all

If they are stupid enough to try it, smoke em.

Screw the track - smoke them where they live and breathe!

Real races are not on an antiseptic tract - they are on the street.
X2!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.