Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with these wheels? I can get a good deal on a used set, and from what I can tell these should fit. I hear that an offset between 12 and 20 will work but 20 being the best fit for our cars. I am not sure on these specs, but from what the seller is telling me and what I have read they should work. Should I pick these up? Do you guys like them? I think they would look good on a Black 06 R/T Charger.... I also don't see how 5 lugs can fit both 108 and 115mm.... I probably should bring a lug gauge checker with me when I go to pick them up to confirm. Also forgot to mention that it sounds like they are 20x9. So right in the middle of our 8.5-10 that is recommended on the width.

SPECS Seller claims:
CRUISER ALLOY 20" BLACK AND CHROME RIMS
5 LUG UNIVERSAL x 108 mm. AND 115 mm. GM PATTERN
IN LIKE NEW CONDITION
NO TIRES
W/ ALL CENTER CAPS
NO DAMAGE
IN EXCELLENT SHAPE

I found a link online and claim the offset is 15. So I should be good to my knowledge as long as they are truly 5x115 with offset 15
Link: http://www.hotrodhanks.com/products/wheels/productID/10780

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
there's probably 10 lug holes, 5 on a 5x108mm pattern and 5 on a 5x115mm pattern

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I guess that was a dumb question. I know I have seen the rims with multiple hole setups. I don't know what I was thinking. All those extra holes must weaken the rim's hub around the lugs....? I don't know how it wouldn't. Thanks for the feedback :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
How much? I know a guy around me is selling the same set on Craigslist. I am not a fan of the filled in spokes, but its a decent design. I will see if I can find the link tomorrow.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They are asking $500 for the set - no tires only wheels. I am 50% on these.... The more I look the less I like them. I only want to buy wheels once. I hate the 22's I have. Painted and peeling bad... Also just to much clunk for MN pot-holed roads. I also blew a Moog tie-rod in just one summer from the heavy 22's I have on. I want 20's. I have been looking and I really do like the Torq thrust (American Racing) rims....Love the classic Muscle car style rims. Yes, it's another $400+ I don't want to spend but would rather buy right the first time and be happy for years rather than looking again for another set of wheels next year because I bought on a budget. I think I might pass on these and go for Torq Thrusts. Have them sitting in my tirerack.com shopping cart. Going to do 8.5 fronts and 10 in the back wrapped with Nitto NT 420S Tires from discount tire. Should I hit Check-out on my cart? :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
To be honest, that's the same style wheel I want. Also in 20's. I only got the 22's I have because I got a good deal on them. I admit, the look grew on me for sure. It's just nice. Another option to the torque thrusts is Boss 338's. They are the same style and American made. I found a set of Foose wheels like those, in 20's, with good tires for an ok price but passed them up. The guy had them listed for $1200, lowered to $950, I offered $850 since they had no TPMS and he wouldn't take it. So I passed. Oh well. I like the wheels I have now. I will just keep an eye out for that style in the meantime.

What wheels are you running now?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I think I am going with the Torque Thrust M's in staggered. I have been in two tire shops locallly (discount tire being one of them) and hear different things from both places. They even pull up different offsets for the exact same wheel in their computers for the 8.5 & 10" Torque Thrusts M's in the 5x115 bolt pattern. Then online TireRack.com says one thing and Wheelsforless.com say another. Very frustrating, and now I know why so many threads exists about this topic. Sorry to add another guys. I know many run these wheels in the same staggered setup. I just want an expert to confirm that these will fit a R/T (stock springs). Wheelsforless.com claims these fit SRT8 Only. I think they will still fit an R/T without rolling fenders or spacers. Below are the wheels and Nito 420's setups I have in my shopping cart ready to punch out. Wheelsforless.com doesn't say what the offset is, but TireRack.com says the 8.5" wheels = 20 and the 10" wheels = 18.

BACKS:
AR105M2192SSB
Torq Thrust M 20x10 5/115
Optional Tires : 285/40ZR20 Nitto NT420S w/ Mounting & Balancing
Optional TPMS : Tire Pressure Monitoring Valve Stem

FRONTS:
AR105M28592SSB
Torq Thrust M 20x8.5 5/115
Optional Tires : 245/45ZR20 Nitto NT420S w/ Mounting & Balancing
Optional TPMS : Tire Pressure Monitoring Valve Stem

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You need the back-spacing numbers to be able to know which models they fit (offset).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I checked out wheelsforless.com for some more info. Now I have an R/T with Stock calipers and they say it will clear the SRT Brembos so I see no issues there for room. I'm guessing these will work?

Rear: Torq Thrust M 20x10 5/115 = +18mm Offset and 6.21" backspace

Front: Torq Thrust M 20x8.5 5/115wheels = +18mm Offset and 5.46" backspace

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I pulled the trigger. The new tires finally came. I did go with the staggered Nitto 420's tires. Here they are in comparison. Front's against the backs. I haven't seen to many good photos showing off the the difference in staggered tire depths..... Once the car dropped into position, the rear backs didn't rub at all. For some reason the back passenger side has less room behind the wheel than the driver's rear. Must be a slight difference do to the design of the car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts