Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my last day at Papa John's Pizza today. I have to start prepping for my first day back with students (I teach 7th grade science).

On my 2nd to last delivery, I got to race a lowered single cab chevy PU with exhaust. I smoked him!!! At the next light, a 3.5L Maxima pulled up and challenged me. I thought, "Man, this guy is going to kill me!!!"

That wasn't the case at all. I took him soundly on the take off, and I was putting distance on him until third gear. At that point he shot ahead then levelled off. We quit at 50 mph, but it wasn't the slaughter i anticipated.

I didn't realize, but my freind (another pixxa driver) was behind us the whole time. When we got back, he told me that he hadn't seen a good race like that for a long time. I went on the next run with him. He runs nitrous in an older model 2.4L altima!!! He put the juice to it with his exhaust cuttout on and freaked me out.

He is going to help me install zex in my car!!! I loved the boost it gave and I am sold. Nitrous is very fun!!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the movie "black sheep" comes to mind, when the bottle develops a leak inside the cabin... :knockout:
That would be a bonus, wouldn't it? Maybe I could route the purge inside the cabin!!! I'll be lol

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
if you had a hemi you would have beat him!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. Delivering pizzas in a Charger, isn't that a cardinal sin, lol.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you had a hemi you would have beat him!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. Delivering pizzas in a Charger, isn't that a cardinal sin, lol.
The cardinal sin is being broke!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just imagine though --- Those pizza's being are being delivered in total comfort.

I did have a lot of people say, "Wow, what do they pay you guys to deliver pizza's? I want a job there!"

I tried to park where they coudn't see the car, though, to save my tips. They don't tip sometimes if you don't look needy.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I took him soundly on the take off, and I was putting distance on him until third gear. At that point he shot ahead then levelled off. We quit at 50 mph, but it wasn't the slaughter i anticipated.
Wow this made my day... been needlessly cowering in fear of all the 3.5 Maximas and Altimas out there :p

Just hope he didn't have a 2.5 with 3.5 badges... we all know something like this is possible from some threads here ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow this made my day... been needlessly cowering in fear of all the 3.5 Maximas and Altimas out there :p

Just hope he didn't have a 2.5 with 3.5 badges... we all know something like this is possible from some threads here ;)

No, the 2.5 is a dog. I would have stayed in front the whole time. This was a fully loaded maxima. Two sets of dual pipes in back, and completely stock on the outside. They are heavy cars, so I think the altima would school me. I've been told that the nissan 3.5 gets the hp/tq at higher rpm's. This would explain the jump I got on him.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
if its an auto it will be close but if its a manual and good driver prepare to get smoked lol. but the Charger looks better lol :)

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
How do your customers feel about toppings on only 1/2 their pizza with all the racing on the way to deliveries??

Did you deliver to any of your students this summer?? Teachers, another profession that often gets the short end of things.

Keep up the good work "Teach".
Tom

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do your customers feel about toppings on only 1/2 their pizza with all the racing on the way to deliveries??

Did you deliver to any of your students this summer?? Teachers, another profession that often gets the short end of things.

Keep up the good work "Teach".
Tom
No, but I delivered to a number of other teachers that did not tip!!! Thank's for the props, BTW.

The only way I can afford to teach is that I have an RN for a wife...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts