Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested in getting an R/T with the Road/Track package. I wish I could test drive one, but it's turning out to be a very hard car to come by. Since the Daytonas should, in theory, drive the same as the Road/Track version, I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. Have any of you driven the regular R/T? If so, how does the Daytona feel in comparison? Is the difference in suspension and steering very noticeable? How do you like the upgraded seats? Do the larger side bolsters make it harder to get in and out?

Thanks in advance, guys. I really appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
--- Bump ---

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've only test driven both cars and with over a month between both of those drives. At 5'10" I'm not tall, but I am heavy and I didn't have any problem with the Daytona seats. In fact that was the only thing I did compare the day I was there to test drive the Daytona. I sat in an R/T to compare the difference in seats. While the R/T seats were fine, I did prefer the more supportive feel of the Daytonas. I didn't notice any difficulty getting out of either the two seats. Of course my current car is lower to the ground than the Chargers so to me both were easier to get out.

As far as the rest, I didn't drive them close enough time. Both cars had very low milage and I didn't try to dog the cars on the test drives. But I had a good experience driving both cars. If yellow had been an option on the R/T I'm pretty sure I would have just went that route in the beginning. Though now after having spent more time looking at both I'm glad I'm getting the Daytona. I like the dual climate control and the performance seats and after having gotten both those option packages it isn't that much more to get the limited edition car in the color I prefer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love the seats... and so far everyone who has sat in them does to. They just surround you. And i just slide out of the seats. As for driving.. I noticed a difference between the regular R/T and the Daytona. And I would suspect that the R&T package and the Daytona would drive about the same as they use the same suspension and steering.

edward

1 - 4 of 4 Posts