Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have we got a Dodge wave just like the Jeep wave? Just casually waved at a challenger, he legit stopped beside me wondering why i waved xD.

·
Registered
890 Posts
No, we do not. Lol.

People with other Chargers or Challengers probably think I'm weird. Whenever I see one that pops out to me, I'll make an effort to acknowledge them, whether it be a wave, thumbs up, or flash my high beams.

I get really excited if I see another Super Bee. I've had mine for just over 3 years now, and have seen 5 total other Super Bee's between the 2012 and 2014 years. I've seen a yellow, white, red, and 2 black ones like mine.

A few weeks ago I saw a black 392 Scat Pack, tinted windows like mine, pull up next to me at a light. I put my window down and gave the guy/girl a thumbs up, and got NOTHING in return, lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, we do not. Lol.

People with other Chargers or Challengers probably think I'm weird. Whenever I see one that pops out to me, I'll make an effort to acknowledge them, whether it be a wave, thumbs up, or flash my high beams.

I get really excited if I see another Super Bee. I've had mine for just over 3 years now, and have seen 5 total other Super Bee's between the 2012 and 2014 years. I've seen a yellow, white, red, and 2 black ones like mine.

A few weeks ago I saw a black 392 Scat Pack, tinted windows like mine, pull up next to me at a light. I put my window down and gave the guy/girl a thumbs up, and got NOTHING in return, lol.
It's sad that we don't. Cuz i get really excited seeing a dodge brother passing trying to have a classy wave or something but they just drive off having all the attitude on their face xD. since i drive a 2014 SXT it's understandable if they drive a SRT or something but man even the ones driving SE dgaf lol!

·
Super Moderator
11,466 Posts
There's too many of them and to most people it's just a car. Hence why you might get weird looks.

I will acknowledge other SRTs, sometimes I get a wave or nod back.

I have a Corvette now too and I wave at other Corvette drivers as that is a long-standing tradition going back to the 60's but I would say about half wave back, maybe even less.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The Wrangler people love waving. I remember when I had mine youd sit at a light a wave to 3 people.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Jeep wave. Hum.
Jeep drivers are a different breed of cat. Jeep wave is almost sacred and has it's own level of hierarchy as to who waves first. Its damn risky doing the Jeep wave at a jamboree driving up steep embankments so I just bought one of those jeep wave hand decals and stuck that on the windshield and let it do the waving for me. Stick it and fergit it.

I live in sort of rural Texas and we hold up one index finger while driving to salute our oncoming friends. Two fingers if you feel energetic.

When I lived In California we did a lot of middle finger salutes. With the crazy gun violence I would probably not do that now. Nor would I drive down the highway with a cell phone sticking out the passenger window snapping pics of the Mulholland Memorial fountain bubbling over after a box of tide is tossed in. Some nut will think it's a gun.

I've yet to hear of a Dodge wave or a salute. And honestly I would be reluctant to make any hand gesture to anyone not in a Jeep wrangler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wave at other Chargers and Challengers (my husband drives a Challenger) all the time, and nobody ever waves back. I see a ton of them where I live too. I drive 12 miles to and from work every day and always see at least 5 or 6.

·
Registered
816 Posts
If blowing by me and then showing off afterwords constitutes as a wave then yes LOL!

I recently had a Challenger Hellcat do that to me on the highway, completed by cutting me off enough where I had to hit the brakes kinda hard before running into him. The guy behind me swerved out of the lane behind me it was that bad. Anyway, we got off on the same exit, and for the next 10 miles every chance he got, he had to show how much his rear end couldn't stick to the pavement.

Sadly, that is not the 1st time a Hellcat has messed with me, had something almost identical happen in my Durango. I'm pretty sure he thought I had the SRT version, as I've got an 18' R/T that looks very similar, but really it's a big heavy Durango.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The only times I have received a wave or thumbs-up from another Charger/Challenger has been while backing out of a parking space at a local car show. I think it was more of a "thank you" for giving them a parking space ... than anything else.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Every Charger I see I always look, sometimes make eye contact with the other driver, nod at each other, knowingly, and move on. Have never "waved" at any of them tho. Back when I was riding motorcycles I had to wave at other bikers and it was cool at first, (like when I was a teenager), but it got old and tiring after a few decades. I actually dreaded having to do it there at the end of my riding period.

Thanks for the tip with the "Jeep People" above. I'll add "Jeep" to my list of forbidden vehicles. (y)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a guy in an older Daytona pull up to me and we chatted about our Chargers in stop and go traffic. I've never waved at anyone else in a Charger or Challenger, but I've done the nod to them.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Jeep people are nerds. 70% are lifted with big tires and snorkels with a jack, and 0.05% actually off-road them.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
It is hit or miss around here, 1/2 of the other Chargers you encounter completely ignore you, the other half trade thumbs ups with you. Challengers seem to like to give me the douche fly-by!
I had an brief encounter with a nice new 2019 GT in Destroyer Grey yesterday on a twisty road, but the driver couldn't hang...I guess the car was too new and unfamiliar for him to trust the handling.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Jeep people are nerds. 70% are lifted with big tires and snorkels with a jack, and 0.05% actually off-road them.
Lol. You didnt just call yourself a nerd did you? What year did you say you owned in another thread; 93 or 94. Too funny.

But hey, I know what you mean.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was leaving a car show & someone in another Charger waived to me. I don't know if he was at the show or just shopping at a store, but I waived back.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lol. You didnt just call yourself a nerd did you? What year did you say you owned in another thread; 93 or 94. Too funny.

But hey, I know what you mean.
I had a 1993. It was great. It was the biggest piece of junk. Had 77k miles on it, got it in 2003 I believe for $5,700.

Had 30" BFGoodrich AT tires, and that was it. Full soft-top with half doors, would struggle on 322 getting me to Penn State and back. Was so noisy couldn't hear radio. The half doors would blow open about an inch, so in the winter I would get freezing cold air coming in.

Took it to an off-road park somewhere near Dillsburg, PA, and also near Fort Indiantown Gap. Did half decent for not having locking differentials. Ripped the exhaust right off one time crossing a stream, a rock in the middle caught it.

It was fun, but wasn't very practical. I shouldn't be judging anyone, and if I bought a $40k vehicle and then spent another $10k on tires, lift, wheels, I wouldn't want to get it banged up either. I work with about 10-12 co-workers with Wrangler's, usually younger guys, who have newer ones with big lifts, wheels, tires, jacks, lights, brush guards, the whole nine, and not a single one of them takes theirs off road.

Then again I own a 392 and have never been to a track. So aren't I the pot calling the kettle black? Lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldn't call it a wave, but when I see another R/T or especially a Scat Pack or SRT(and DEFINITELY if I see a hellcat!) I'll give the car and driver a double take as to acknowledge their ride. Typically the driver of the said car does the same to me. Now non-Hemi Chargers, not so much. While some folks with them are still passionate about their ride, to alot of others...it's just a car. And probably a better choice than what they would have bought otherwise though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts