Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched the forums and all the tint info was very helpfull, but I have a few more questions.

1. When people say they have a 35% tint does that mean the visable amount of light in?

2. Anybody in Minnesota have tint pics? Minnesota's tint law is more than 50% light in on side and back...real specific huh. I guess that means that in MN you can only have 49% tint...correct?

3. Anyone have some tint shop recommendations for the Twin Cities area?

4. What was the ballpark cost on your tint? I realize the quality of the film etc. will affect the cost.

5. With such a light tint allowed in Minnesota, did you still notice degraded am & fm reception?

6. Any problem with the auto dimming side mirrors with tinted windows? i.e. is it hard to see what's in the side mirrors at night with tint and the auto dim?

Thanks in advance for the info!!!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
In MN, you may get a 50% tint installed, but if your windows have ANY factory tint, you may run into issues.

As far as twin cities locations, there is a place called SolarShield in Savage, MN on hwy 42, I've been there with a few other cars I've had but not with the Charger. Also, there is > http://www.hurricanetint.com/ and they are located in a few locations in MN. Since I talk to Darkdan (from hurricane) on another forum, I'm going to have him do my tint.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In MN, you may get a 50% tint installed, but if your windows have ANY factory tint, you may run into issues.

As far as twin cities locations, there is a place called SolarShield in Savage, MN on hwy 42, I've been there with a few other cars I've had but not with the Charger. Also, there is > http://www.hurricanetint.com/ and they are located in a few locations in MN. Since I talk to Darkdan (from hurricane) on another forum, I'm going to have him do my tint.

Thanks for the info. I will check into those shops.

I do have a slight tint to my windows already so the shop would have to be a little smart and test the windows and then add a tint to get to 50% and not just throw a 50% on.

Do you have any pics of your other cars with the tint? With such a light tint in MN is it even worth the cost to darken them just a litle more?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
i have 3% all the way around n i live in delaware n there law is 70% so just get what you want cuz ur breaking the law anyway but my car cost 250 because i got a eyebrow put on it was 220 for just the windows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts