Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st question;
i was playing around with the tetronics or however you spell it ( my car is auto but can be driven like a manual) and i was wondering what speed is the max for each gear? ie when shoudl you shift from 1st gear to 2nd and so on...
2nd question
does anybody live in the Chicagoland area if so , have you used the 89 octane with Aces IV for a 93 sports tune with the Diablo tuner? does it work good and do you have any knock?
3rd question.
i have a CAI and SLP Catback exhaust, i was wondering what should be my next performance part on the list? i will be getting a Diablo so no worries , but is a Under drive pully worth it ? bigger throttle body? please anybody help. thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
1st question;
i was playing around with the tetronics or however you spell it ( my car is auto but can be driven like a manual) and i was wondering what speed is the max for each gear? ie when shoudl you shift from 1st gear to 2nd and so on...
help. thanks
Shifting doesn't have so much to do with speed as it does with RPM. You probably want to shift between 3,000 and 5,000 RPMs depending on how you want to drive the car.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Question 2 will be answered by Brian from BND in 3.....2......1.....

Yes, many people have used ACES IV with 89 and a 93 tune. However, with a 5.7, some people get a better run with the 89 octane and the 91 octane tune.

Beam over in Hawaii runs best on 89 octane with the 89 octane Predator tune on his fuel.

It is a matter of dialing in the car to the type of fuel you are getting.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts