Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aprobos of our recent discussions of high speed, comes this tale from our 300C brethren.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10805&page=1&pp=10

Title is: "$ 8845 dollar speeding tickets..."

For those who wont follow links, Cliff Notes,

Two limiter removed (I'll get to that) 300Cs clocked at 143mph in a 70 zone, between Needles and Barstow.

The poster said he paid a Mercedes tech $1500 to do the limiters, with no further details.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Coming from a prior cop...let me give you this advice if you are rolling at these speeds and the law sees you and starts to pull you over...

Tip#1 - Haul some ass...and do not get caught...

Well, that about covers my tips...

·
Registered
266 Posts
dagummit said:
Coming from a prior cop...let me give you this advice if you are rolling at these speeds and the law sees you and starts to pull you over...

Tip#1 - Haul some ass...and do not get caught...

Well, that about covers my tips...
I don't know if I would want to play "bandit" this day and age...

How about we all cannonball run it from coast to coast, whoever just plain gets to the finish, wins.

·
Registered
197 Posts
dagummit said:

Tip#1 - Haul some ass...and do not get caught......
You may out run a cop car, but you can't out run his radio: his buddies will be waiting for you somewhere down the road. I wouldn't want to be in those shoes when they finally pull you over. :sad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
not proud but i have gotten away more then once...i have been over 180 when i saw lights...by the time he even reached 100 i was long gone down the next exit an hiding..dont be a retard like me

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I can hear that song playing now... "bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do..." :whistle:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running from the law is a whole different level than speeding. I would NEVER advise getting into a pursuit situation. The danger to innocent bystanders is so high that I cannot ever see it being worth the risk.

8K is cheaper than any life.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Never had a car that could top those speeds so I can't say that I have ever been extremely speeding by any stretch of the imagination.

Later

·
Registered
263 Posts
jmorrell said:
You may out run a cop car, but you can't out run his radio: his buddies will be waiting for you somewhere down the road. I wouldn't want to be in those shoes when they finally pull you over. :sad:
Then you out run them!

·
Registered
266 Posts
dagummit said:
Then you out run them!
What? On foot?! There goes the song again bad boys, b... aw you know it :whistle:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you ever really watched how they treat guys they yank out at the end of a chase? I can think of WAY better things to be than the focus of 3-8 guys trembling with adreneline, armed with Tasers, pepper spray and clubs, AND pissed off at me.

Heck, twitch the wrong way and you could end up on three different "very special" episodes of Cops:) BTW, the first one was a real episode, the other two I made up.

"Tased and Confused"
"Pepper, hold the Salt"
"Bruised and Contused"

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
GLHS837 said:
"Tased and Confused"
"Pepper, hold the Salt"
"Bruised and Contused"
LMFAO!! We'll keep our eyes out for those "Charger Rebels" on future episodes of Cops! :grin:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
My brother is a sherriff deputy, and I've heard many many stories about high speed pursuits on the highway, on foot through neighbor hoods, over fences etc. Trust me, when they catch whomever, there're not exactly giddy with joy, and it's just amazing how many times these perp's after being handcuffed bang their head on the hood of the officers car, and bang it again getting put into the rear seat. Of course, that's just hear say. :whistle: Thanks again for all the prayers guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mike

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Yessir Sarge, I know he's a little bloody. Damndest thing you ever saw, ol boy there fell down the same flight of steps three times. And up'em twice!!!!":)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GLHS837 said:
"Yessir Sarge, I know he's a little bloody. Damndest thing you ever saw, ol boy there fell down the same flight of steps three times. And up'em twice!!!!":)
"I tried to catch 'em fore they fell, whoops, butter fingers"!! :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
What always gets me is when the perp would otherwise get away, but does all the stupid/wrong things.

Like the motorcycle, who simply tries to out speed the cops. Motorcycles have two advantages over police cars - acceleration, and turning. But, they never do either - they just speed down the highway. Oh, one other advantage, but a very risky one - fitting in places that cop cars can't like between cars. But, they don't have sirens either.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Thanks for the laugh. You should make that your signature.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have been in high speed pursuits before (as the cop) but if I caught them, I maintained my professional state. Afterall they paid me a whopping $1500 as an Army MP to keep my composiour (sp?) (complete sarcasm)

·
Registered
384 Posts
oh yeah, lets run from the law. Its not like a daytona won't be easily spotted out of the croud is it? :D:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts