Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The A/C was working fine yesterday night. I even remember turning the A/C down because it was too cold. This morning when I turned on my car, I got a weird smell from the A/C and then I noticed that it didn't cool at all. I don 't know too much about cars, but I checked the belt and the fuses. They are fine. Can anyone give me any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it checked and it turns out that it needs a new evaporator. They told me it is leaking. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I got it checked and it turns out that it needs a new evaporator. They told me it is leaking. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks
That will be a first I've heard of this part going bad. Ask them how they came to that conclusion.

Ask them if they would do a goodwill warranty,because you are so close to mileage?
I'd definitely push for that! I think the whole dash has to come out to replace the evaporator (big labor bucks).

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
My AC was disabled this summer by a rock hitting the condensor and causing a leak.

It happens occasionally, apparently

-FLEX-

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
As rodney stated. If you need an evap your out over a thousand bucks. Most expensive a/c repair out there. Good luck.
If you have any aftermarket wiring under your dash (i.e. remote start, toggle switches and what not) its gonna increase the price even more

·
Registered
147 Posts
CCould it be from the plastic panel that directs the incoming air to the rad? I thought I saw a thread about this on an ongoing problem of the plastic panels that run along side, rubbing the condenser then it wears away causing a leak

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
CCould it be from the plastic panel that directs the incoming air to the rad? I thought I saw a thread about this on an ongoing problem of the plastic panels that run along side, rubbing the condenser then it wears away causing a leak
condensor and evaporator are 2 different pieces 4 ft apart from each other

1 - 11 of 11 Posts