Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first of all, I will be living in South Florida till October when I'll be moving to Georgia. So I am about a mile from the sun!
Does anybody else feel that the A/C could be colder?
:sick:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, it sucks. Its not cold at all. But i did find that when you set the control to 'auto' it comes out a lot cooler.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
auto is the way to go. A lot colder and the fan blows harder this is only for the folks that have the zone climate control or dual comfort control whatever you want to call it. It is very hot and humid in North Carolina and this is the only way I use my A/C.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just figured out that if you put it on the recycled setting (On mine that is turning the knob all the way to the right) it blows harder and colder. :happy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
The SXT doesnt have dual climate control and it sucks too. When I first turn the car on it blows out heat worse than a roaring fire. Thank GOD for the MOPAR Remote Starter I have. It takes about 2 minutes for the air to cool off. However, if I turn the lever to recirculate the air in the car, it cools off nicely. Even in 100 degree heat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think that on HOT and Humid days the AC seems to not get as cold. I was
driving out to Lake havasu last week and I lost all cold about 4hrs into the trip. I fliped on the heat for a few minutes then back to the AC---> mega cold. All I can think of is the AC froze or something? This has happend before on a trip out to Palm Springs. Need to have this checked out.
John :cry:

·
Registered
96 Posts
A good friend of mine does the post-production prototype work on the entire LX platform. Some of his better more recent work involved taking a regular R/T and turning it into the Daytona that all of the magazines recently tested....you didn't think that came off the line like that did you? :smile:
He and I were discussing some of the issues on the cars, particularly the fit and finish issues that must be addressed before their vehicles leave the shop and go to the press, but somewhere in conversation the A/C came up. For those with A/C the does not seem to blow as cold as desired, take it to your dealership and have them check the charge on the system. Early production vehicles were only filled to 1.5lbs of pressure as opposed to the current (and correct) 1.62lbs. Should be a no charge thing for them to fix and should get you the results that you desire. I know that even on 90º 90% humidity days my A/C will freeze me out of the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
dale said:
my car has the dual-zone cooling.. it freezes me out on 95-100 degree days WITHOUT the recirculation on. I must have gotten the opposite of everyone elses cooling problem.

dale

Same here!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
same here in MI; we have been getting a horrendous heat wave which we are not used to here and hell i have to turn my AC down so ice doesnt form in my car.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
live in louisiana about 20 minutes off of the gulf so i live ON the sun...control setting all the way to the right and it is great (recycle). only thing that gets my panties in a bunch is when i turn the car off, run in the house for literally 2 seconds and get back in the car and the heat blasts at you from the a/c when you start it up. man that irks my chain...it should still be cold...oh well my complaint for the day

·
Registered
245 Posts
A/C workd great if you drive for awhile say 20 miles or so but for short stops it can be a little warm at times. My Charger is black with no tint yet and I assume that it has to work to dissapte all the heat when car has been closed up at the heat of the day I am sure 140 150 degrees. http://www.allpar.com/ed/cfc.html
Here is an artical that might shed some information on why A/C might not be as cold as you expect it to be.

·
Registered
662 Posts
geocharger2006 said:
The Heat Only Comes Out When I Start The Car Then Comes Out Very Cold
All of you with this "problem", IT IS NORMAL. No a/c can make instant cold. And with the new freon used, it's even slower to get cool than before. Nothing's wrong. That's just how it works.

So this is what you do: Before you start the car, turn the fan setting down (off of auto), start the car and turn on the a/c (with low fan). Drive a block or two, then crank the fan back up. Ice cold! No heat blast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
JSA 007 said:
All of you with this "problem", IT IS NORMAL. No a/c can make instant cold. And with the new freon used, it's even slower to get cool than before. Nothing's wrong. That's just how it works.

So this is what you do: Before you start the car, turn the fan setting down (off of auto), start the car and turn on the a/c (with low fan). Drive a block or two, then crank the fan back up. Ice cold! No heat blast.

Or Better Yet, do what I do. GET THE REMOTE STARTER FROM MOPAR, cold as Alaska by the time I get in it. :clap:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
There is actually a TSB on this issue, they will reflash the computer; because under humid conditions the A/C evaporator is freezing up. take it back to your dealer and they will fix you up! good luck all!

·
Registered
49 Posts
JSA 007 said:
All of you with this "problem", IT IS NORMAL. No a/c can make instant cold......

Drive a block or two, then crank the fan back up. Ice cold! No heat blast.

NO WAY can this be normal. I understand that no a/c can make instant cold, but last month my Charger was garage kept and literally HEAT as in the HEATER IS FULL BLAST hits you when u start the A/C no matter how long u wait. Early postings here suggest there is a known problem.

I am heading over to the morons at my "5 star" dealer. Love the car this DEALER SUCKS (planet dodge)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts