Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced fan performance degradation over time during long drives in humid weather with A/C ON?

Yesterday I started a thread regarding a problem I had with the Air Conditionning after 1 hour 45 min of driving in warm, humid weather.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=818455#post818455

Symptoms: white mist coming out of A/C vents in central pod + very poor airflow, even at max fan setup. Back to normal later in the day.

My current theory is that the fins of the A/C evaporator got clogged with frost buildup, which melted afterwards.

Anyone to confirm they had similar experience ?

...Ben...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Has anyone experienced fan performance degradation over time during long drives in humid weather with A/C ON?

Yesterday I started a thread regarding a problem I had with the Air Conditionning after 1 hour 45 min of driving in warm, humid weather.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=818455#post818455

Symptoms: white mist coming out of A/C vents in central pod + very poor airflow, even at max fan setup. Back to normal later in the day.

My current theory is that the fins of the A/C evaporator got clogged with frost buildup, which melted afterwards.

Anyone to confirm they had similar experience ?

...Ben...
I get the degredation in performance, but no mist. It just seems like a panel in the back moves and cuts off airflow... and then I turn off the air for... oooh, 5 minutes... 10 minutes... open the windows.... and then turn it back on and it performs normally again... and that's about the same time frame mine happens too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the degredation in performance, but no mist. It just seems like a panel in the back moves and cuts off airflow... and then I turn off the air for... oooh, 5 minutes... 10 minutes... open the windows.... and then turn it back on and it performs normally again... and that's about the same time frame mine happens too.
Reassuring to find out it is not unique to my car.

BTW, the mist is very faint. My wife noticed it and pointed out to me. While driving, I would have never noticed it.

...Ben...

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
My brother had trouble like you are describing with his RT during a trip to FL...he took it to the dealer and the service mgr said there was a TSB...he did the TSB and the problem has not returned..been about 4-5 months....and sorry, I do not know the TSB #...someone may have it here but your dealer should be able to pull it up on his Chrysler program..

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
My brother had trouble like you are describing with his RT during a trip to FL...he took it to the dealer and the service mgr said there was a TSB...he did the TSB and the problem has not returned..been about 4-5 months....and sorry, I do not know the TSB #...someone may have it here but your dealer should be able to pull it up on his Chrysler program..
Yep . There is a TSB out on this problem for sure. Just had mine flashed yesterday.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep . There is a TSB out on this problem for sure. Just had mine flashed yesterday.
Excellent ! I will get it flashed at my next scheduled maintenance.

Tx everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts