Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Magnum SXT. The lights in my A/C Heater Controls are out (not all of them but most of them). I was swapping out the unit for one from my Dads 2005 Magnum (we made a deal) but when i brought his to my car to switch them out I noticed that the connection cables were different. The units look exactly the same but that was the only difference.

So now I have to buy one from somewhere... Either ebay or someone on a forum. My question is how would I know whether or not the one I buy will have the same connections as the one that is in my car now? I don't have the dual climate controls. Just the regular ones.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
a lot of people (here at the forum and a lot of other lx owners, including my both chargers!) experienced this freaking and idiot problem :(... sorry, I´m very angry with this!!! because this is a silly problem and chrysler said "sorry, don´t have warranty, buy a new unit!! btw, sorry again, you can´t change each dead led, change all unit" I started as you: one led, then 2 leds... now, all unit is dead.

sorry, getting back to the thread, go to the dealer and ask the part number for your model - year, or take a pic of your unit and check at ebay or other site /place and check the part number and the connections...

good luck with your searching! I can´t change both units because I can´t pay for those right now :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I found a few on ebay but they dont have the part numbers listed and dont show pictures of the back and I don't want to buy one then find out that it's useless... and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg at the dealer for one. Everytime I drive at night and see almost NO lighting on my controls I get irritated... Feels like my car is less than. You know what I mean?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I have a 2007 Magnum SXT. The lights in my A/C Heater Controls are out (not all of them but most of them). I was swapping out the unit for one from my Dads 2005 Magnum (we made a deal) but when i brought his to my car to switch them out I noticed that the connection cables were different. The units look exactly the same but that was the only difference.

So now I have to buy one from somewhere... Either ebay or someone on a forum. My question is how would I know whether or not the one I buy will have the same connections as the one that is in my car now? I don't have the dual climate controls. Just the regular ones.
I haven't heard of this being a problem before ....

I recently bought a used dual-climate control unit off a member on here, and it was plug-and-play ... it was a direct replacement for my dual-climate unit which had experienced a bulb failure.

As far as I know, the heater control heads are only available in base and dual-climate versions, and then in Fahrenheit or Celsius markings ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't heard of this being a problem before ....

I recently bought a used dual-climate control unit off a member on here, and it was plug-and-play ... it was a direct replacement for my dual-climate unit which had experienced a bulb failure.

As far as I know, the heater control heads are only available in base and dual-climate versions, and then in Fahrenheit or Celsius markings ...
Well now you have lol. I don't know... Maybe there's a difference in the connections between the 2005 Mags and the 2007's.

What should I do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts