Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Magnum SXT that I bought used about a year ago. Most of the lights in my A/C control unit went out a few months ago. First about half went out, then I guess a couple of more but if I tapped it those couple would come back on but eventually those couple just stayed out so now my unit is barely lit up at night.

Last night I got in my car and noticed that the couple of lights that went out and eventually stayed out popped back on, I tapped it to see if the rest would also, they didnt and the couple went out and stayed out again. Should I just buy a new unit or do you think it's something that can be fixed like a bad connection or something?

I searched about the topic but the post I read didn't speak of anybody having a problem where the light went off and on and off again... So i'm not sure if my problem would be the same as theirs.

Thnx!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are all of the units the same? I can just buy any unit or does the year of the car make a difference?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
So are all of the units the same? I can just buy any unit or does the year of the car make a difference?
05-07 the interiors were the same, you just need to check to see if you need the automatic-climate-control version (with dual controls), or the manual version, and whether it's marked in F or C (Canadians use Celsius)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
yes, I experience this freaking problem with BOTH chargers!!! is very ugly at nite and dangerous if you want to "find" the controls...

and yes, you need to replace all... you can use any year, the only thing changed is the silver ring in the nobs... but is very expensive to replace the unit... please Chrysler, help us!!!!!!! I know a lot of people with this problem!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
05-07 the interiors were the same, you just need to check to see if you need the automatic-climate-control version (with dual controls), or the manual version, and whether it's marked in F or C (Canadians use Celsius)
Well I know I don't need the dual climate control. Also, I'm in Los Angeles and bought the car used here... So I guess that would mean I don't have the canadian verision... right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, I experience this freaking problem with BOTH chargers!!! is very ugly at nite and dangerous if you want to "find" the controls...

and yes, you need to replace all... you can use any year, the only thing changed is the silver ring in the nobs... but is very expensive to replace the unit... please Chrysler, help us!!!!!!! I know a lot of people with this problem!
Yea I've had some barely missed accidents while trying to find the right setting at night. Had to strain and really focus my eyes because the thing is BARELY lit. It's as if you turned the switch that dims the interior light all the way down... or maybe lower than that.

Dodge/Chrysler have never addressed this issue? I don't know of any other vehicle that has this as a common problem outside of the Chargers, Magnums, and 300s

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Well I know I don't need the dual climate control. Also, I'm in Los Angeles and bought the car used here... So I guess that would mean I don't have the canadian verision... right?

Canadian versions will have the numbers in Celsius like this :

US versions will have the numbers in Fahrenheit, like this :) :

Both of the above are the auto-climate units, and the second pic is my car after the right side bulb burnt out :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Canadian versions will have the numbers in Celsius like this :

US versions will have the numbers in Fahrenheit, like this :) :

Both of the above are the auto-climate units, and the second pic is my car after the right side bulb burnt out :)
Oh ok I understand. I don't have the dual climate control and my single unit doesn't have numbers on it. Is replacing these things a simple plug and play? I read somewhere else that if you buy one it may have to be re-calibrated or something like that.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Oh ok I understand. I don't have the dual climate control and my single unit doesn't have numbers on it. Is replacing these things a simple plug and play? I read somewhere else that if you buy one it may have to be re-calibrated or something like that.
When I replaced mine with the used one off the forums, I just plugged it in and it worked, no problems :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts