Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, she was enjoyed while she lasted. I factory ordered in May, took delivery on July 1st... and today I saw her for the last time. Car has been sold for a profit, now what to move to next. I heavily debated going Hellcat when I placed the order for this one, and that itch is still there. :LOL:

Overall, I have nothing but fairly good-great things to say about the ownership of the car. I never had any issues, though that is to be expected with being so new and basically no mileage. Great sound, looks, is comfortable and fun to drive. I could very well end up ordering another ScatPack WB at some point.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of curiosity, what made you sell it so quickly? Just the profit potential?
Yes, basically the profit. That and I have to consider the storage expenses that would be incurred in the very near future (winter is among us). My car was not daily driven, and it would need two oil changes between now and the middle of spring (to maintain warranty). Also factor in the interest charges and insurance premiums, it didn’t make sense to keep it. I could literally order another one, avoid all of these expenses, have and brand new car (again) and a little extra money in the bank.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
What's the point of posting a thread if you're not going to give the details?

JFC

Reactions: FlyersHockey

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I guess you made some money, so fair enough, I just don't see what the point would be in ordering another SPWB when you had one for a few weeks and sold it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I just don't see what the point would be in ordering another SPWB when you had one for a few weeks and sold it.
When I was in High School one of my classmate's Dad gave me advice on buying cars. Pay cash for the first new car and trade it in every year for another new car. Pay cash for the difference and that way you get a new car for the cost of the first year's depreciation on the old car. You always have a new car and you're not overpaying with interest on a loan.
Great advice - only one problem ... I'm a High School student and you're a partner in a law firm.

• Haha
Reactions: ISellSquash

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
When I was in High School one of my classmate's Dad gave me advice on buying cars. Pay cash for the first new car and trade it in every year for another new car. Pay cash for the difference and that way you get a new car for the cost of the first year's depreciation on the old car. You always have a new car and you're not overpaying with interest on a loan.
Great advice - only one problem ... I'm a High School student and you're a partner in a law firm.
I understand his logic, and if it works for him, good. For me, I wouldn't want the hassle. I like to mod, and the car becomes mine. I enjoy the process of maintaining a car, whether it be washing, changing the oil, changing the breaks. I'd also not be buying the same car. Also, this current market won't last, so the days of making a profit on a used car are numbered.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

JFC
Details

JFC
Details as in the actual figures? I think enough details were included, that are anyone’s business, anyway.

I also see no merit in discussing any financial details on this forum because the majority have their minds made up; “these Chargers are way over priced, you could buy a Hellcat for $20k brand new in 1989, you absolutely shouldn’t purchase a car in this market, etc.” It’s the same old song and dance. This is a beacon for those who are actually open for, realistic, discussion.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess you made some money, so fair enough, I just don't see what the point would be in ordering another SPWB when you had one for a few weeks and sold it.
-there was the option to accept profit now
-there would be guaranteed expenses incurred
-the car would’ve been parked for several months (money is going out, with nothing in return)
-I can order the exact same car, start over “fresh” with a brand new car next year, have a ‘22 model, and I would still have money left over in the bank.

I guess, I don’t see why one wouldn’t do it..?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
-there was the option to accept profit now
-there would be guaranteed expenses incurred
-the car would’ve been parked for several months (money is going out, with nothing in return)
-I can order the exact same car, start over “fresh” with a brand new car next year, have a ‘22 model, and I would still have money left over in the bank.

I guess, I don’t see why one wouldn’t do it..?
Right, but that money, if used to purchase another SPWB will go right back into an inflated car price. Sure you made a few grand, but it only benefits you if you pocket the money and run, not put it right back into a Scat Pack or any other new vehicle.

You really factor in an oil change or two in a reason to get rid of a car, or the expense of a storage facility for a few months?

You had a brand new car for 4 months, and you stated barely any mileage, so even enough mileage to enjoy the power of the car? Why purchase a 700hp Hellcat let alone a 485hp 392 just to not put any miles on it?

And people are curious, because maybe not in your eyes, but what you did seems a bit out of the ordinary. If you're going to post something a little odd, expect to be questioned. I don't get why, when questioned, people online get butthurt about being asked to explain financial terms. Not like anybody here knows you or cares. Moreso people are curious if you did all this to make a grand or 10 grand.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Such a beautiful, blue, SP Charger. If I had that in my garage, it would still be there. Not being a financial whiz, 8% sounds decent, but not earth shattering. For myself, I can't see having that kind of money invested in any vehicle, and not have a place to store it.
We recently moved into our new home after the builder took 14 months to build it. 3 car attached garage. The two car section houses the wife's DD, so she does not have to scrape on cold weather days. The far single car section is for my Charger. It comes out for nice weather days, and the occasional trip. With the current inflated used car market, I briefly considered selling it. At the time, it seemed that I could come close to, or possibly break even with what it cost me back in October of '16. If I were to do that though, the replacement Charger would be purchased under the current inflated market, which means I would get less car for my dollar. I would also lose the Lifetime Maxcare. That would be a financial negative, as I am $1500 away from breaking even on that. It's a bone stock '14 R/T AWD with 55k on it. It still drives, feels, and smells like a new car to me, and the sound of the 5.7L puts a smile on my face, every time I push the start button.

YMMV

Don

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Details

Details as in the actual figures? I think enough details were included, that are anyone’s business, anyway.

I also see no merit in discussing any financial details on this forum because the majority have their minds made up; “these Chargers are way over priced, you could buy a Hellcat for $20k brand new in 1989, you absolutely shouldn’t purchase a car in this market, etc.” It’s the same old song and dance. This is a beacon for those who are actually open for, realistic, discussion.
- If you don't want it to be anyone's business, then don't post it in the first place.

- the, "same old song and dance"? When else have you seen inflated car prices of 30-40%? Sure, add 2-4% a year, nothing like whats going on right now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Doesn't make sense to own a car like that if you can't afford (or at least justify the expense in your mind) to store it for the winter or pay for a couple of oil changes. Definitely don't buy another one. Maybe keep the money in the bank or buy a less expnisve car you can drive year round.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Such a beautiful, blue, SP Charger. If I had that in my garage, it would still be there. Not being a financial whiz, 8% sounds decent, but not earth shattering. For myself, I can't see having that kind of money invested in any vehicle, and not have a place to store it.
We recently moved into our new home after the builder took 14 months to build it. 3 car attached garage. The two car section houses the wife's DD, so she does not have to scrape on cold weather days. The far single car section is for my Charger. It comes out for nice weather days, and the occasional trip. With the current inflated used car market, I briefly considered selling it. At the time, it seemed that I could come close to, or possibly break even with what it cost me back in October of '16. If I were to do that though, the replacement Charger would be purchased under the current inflated market, which means I would get less car for my dollar. I would also lose the Lifetime Maxcare. That would be a financial negative, as I am $1500 away from breaking even on that. It's a bone stock '14 R/T AWD with 55k on it. It still drives, feels, and smells like a new car to me, and the sound of the 5.7L puts a smile on my face, every time I push the start button.

YMMV

Don
I have a place to store it in my garage. Why pay the insurance, maintain, and interest charges during storage when I can purchase another brand new one and come out ahead? I don’t understand what is so difficult to grasp here.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
- If you don't want it to be anyone's business, then don't post it in the first place.

- the, "same old song and dance"? When else have you seen inflated car prices of 30-40% on car prices? Sure, add 2-4% a year, nothing like whats going on right now.
ok, so let’s see the tax documents? There’s a difference between sharing information and sharing information that is inappropriate. I’ve also definitely noticed that Chargers, in particular, seem to attract the crowd that cannot afford the car and seem to be pretend to be something that they’re not. I.e. these people buying ScatPacks at sticker or above, and financing for 72, 84 months with minimal amount of money down.
When else have you seen ANY vehicle ownership where you’re able to break even, yet alone make a profit? These inflated prices should correct at some point, but it will be awhile yet..it won’t be anytime real soon.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Doesn't make sense to own a car like that if you can't afford (or at least justify the expense in your mind) to store it for the winter or pay for a couple of oil changes. Definitely don't buy another one. Maybe keep the money in the bank or buy a less expnisve car you can drive year round.
haha. I can absolutely afford it. What the hell do you even drive? I can also store it for the winter, in my garage, so where did that come from? Learn to adequately read before giving financial advice. This is another reason I had no issue selling the Charger and making some money. I don’t want to even be associated with this type of idiocy. Act/think like you’re rich and you’ll always be poor, as with most of America. I don’t need to continue a financially ignorant situation on a charger to prove to people that I “have” money or that I’m worth something.

-the charger was a toy car
-I have a stall to store it in my garage
-I don’t pay full MSRP when I
-I can start over with a new factory order in the spring and STILL have profit leftover in the bank.
-I can start over with a new factory order in the spring and STILL have profit leftover in the bank.

Im not explaining this again. Drive whatever POS, one car, you have as you please and be happy. There’s no reason for the snarky replies. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, people wonder why this forum is dead.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts