Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use or are you supposed to use 9005 for a hid fog light bulb? I thought 9005 was for high beams.

·
Registered
815 Posts
9005 is the high, 9145 should be the fog

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
x2. 9005 is for the high beam.

Just curious, but why do you ask? Are you trying to make the fogs brighter?
No, I bought a set for my lows and fogs from a local dealer so if I have any issue I can just drive a few block and have the fix it for free, but they had to order my fogs and they ordered 9005 and they said they will work. So I was just curious.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
No, I bought a set for my lows and fogs from a local dealer so if I have any issue I can just drive a few block and have the fix it for free, but they had to order my fogs and they ordered 9005 and they said they will work. So I was just curious.
Well... just so you know 9005s are 65 watts. 9145s are 45 watts. I'm surprised the dealer is saying that 9005s are fine in the foglight. 9005s are a higher wattage bulb and will draw more current through the OEM wiring. The OEM wiring might not be suitable to handle that higher wattage. I personally wouldn't do that, but it's your choice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... just so you know 9005s are 65 watts. 9145s are 45 watts. I'm surprised the dealer is saying that 9005s are fine in the foglight. 9005s are a higher wattage bulb and will draw more current through the OEM wiring. The OEM wiring might not be suitable to handle that higher wattage. I personally wouldn't do that, but it's your choice.
No I dont want the higher watts, is it possible they ordered the 9005 to have the 8k color match? I will be going up there tomorrow to change to 9145

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
its the 9145 and it's the same thing as the H10

·
Registered
815 Posts
its the 9145 and it's the same thing as the H10
I was wondering about that. I had one of my HID bulbs go out in my fogs and when I asked the guy for a replacement he sent me an H10. It threw me off bc the 9145 has a right angle and the H10 is straight. Thought he sent me the wrong bulb.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help on this guys, I had em order the 9145 for my fogs this morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts