Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm.....this dealership in Texas has 9 Plum Crazy SRT's and 2 SRT Bee's.....I even doubled check at dodge.com...........

This has to be the largest horde of Plum's I have ever seen.

So, if you are looking for any of the above, especially a Plum SRT, here you go.

http://www.allensamuelsdodge.com/

- Mark

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
oooohhhh, I can see it now... (loudmouthed dealer in a purple blazer shouting) IT'S OUR PLUM CRAZY SALE!!! OUR PRICES ARE PLUM CRAZY!!!

:sick: :lol:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That guys has a helluva allocation.

So, Mark, you still looking to upgrade to an SRT at some point?

Scott

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
thats the dealership i got my Sublime.
he only has one bee.
and its been on the front row lately.
think they want to move it.
when i bought my car they had it inside and wouldnt even let you sit in it unless you were working a deal on it

·
Registered
487 Posts
This dealership is a bunch of Criminals....................they tried to seel me a Lime with 4500 miles on it as NEW...................it had been wrecked (the doors didnt fit right) and it ran like CRAP!

They also jacked it up with a bunch of aftermarket parts. Number was like 1300 ish.

·
Registered
151 Posts
whats the difference in the Plum Crazy and the Plum Crazy Pearl? just asking cause that link has a PCP
The full name of the paint is Plum Crazy Pearl, but everyone just refers to it as Plum Crazy. :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree, Allen Samuels Dodge is a bunch of jerks. When I was looking for my Bee last month I called them. They said they wouldn't take less than 5K OVER sticker for the Bee. I asked them how they could ask such a ridiculous price when another dealer less than an hour away, Bonham Chrysler, had four Bees for sale at 4K UNDER sticker and couldn't sell them. They then assured me they had no problem selling all their SRT's for 5K over sticker (which of course explains why thier Bee has been on the lot almost a year now). Needless to say I bought from Bonham. Anyone reading this thread should do the same.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I agree, Allen Samuels Dodge is a bunch of jerks. When I was looking for my Bee last month I called them. They said they wouldn't take less than 5K OVER sticker for the Bee. I asked them how they could ask such a ridiculous price when another dealer less than an hour away, Bonham Chrysler, had four Bees for sale at 4K UNDER sticker and couldn't sell them. They then assured me they had no problem selling all their SRT's for 5K over sticker (which of course explains why thier Bee has been on the lot almost a year now). Needless to say I bought from Bonham. Anyone reading this thread should do the same.
i agree with you..... i tried to buy my rt two yrs ago from them and tried to sell me an rt over 4k on top of sticker price... bonham is the way to go

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
when i got my sublime from them i made them take their tag off before i took delievery.

i walked about the 6 limes they had at the time and picked on that didnt have their decal on the blacked out trunk decal

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I was getting ready to have to ask. Then they brought it up saying they don't put their badges on ANY special editions (Daytona, SRT, Bee, etc). They also didn't put the front license plate bracket on (they're mandatory in MA) until I said they could. To me it seemed like they really had some respect for the cars they sell.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Allen Samuels is a high volume dealer, that is why they get lots of allocation on limited edition vehicles. I would never buy from them as they try to gouge you with over sticker pricing.

There is another high volume Dodge dealer in Houston. North West Dodge. When I was looking at the Super Bee's in December 06, NW Dodge had 11 Super Bee's. When I bought mine in January 07, they were down to 3 Super Bee's. Then 2 Super Bee's when I bought the 3rd one left. N.W. was not asking any money over the sticker, in fact they were willing to negotiate with you and I got my Super Bee for $38K.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is where I got my RT/R&T last weekend. Yes, They have massize amounts of SRTs. I saw 2 bee's and 3 plum crazy's, pluse the standard colors. And yes, they tried to jack the price on my RT as well. He tried to tell me they had a 3k "market adjustment" on the RT's with R&T. I laughed at him.

It took a little while, but in the end his market adjustment dissapeared and he honored my Prefered vendor discount (he wouldn't at first)+ the $3500 cash back.

I reminded him about the trainload of 08's that were headed his way, and was standing up ready to walk when he came back with the offer I had made in the beginning. I ended up getting it for 7k under sticker.

Oh, and I'm also one who wont stand for any dealer stickers or badges on the back. The suv's and trucks had them but none of the chargers had one.

Other then that utterly ridiculous first offer by him, I was fairly pleased with the experience. My hart goes out to any of the uninformed who go in and take that first offer though.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That is where I got my RT/R&T last weekend. Yes, They have massize amounts of SRTs. I saw 2 bee's and 3 plum crazy's, pluse the standard colors. And yes, they tried to jack the price on my RT as well. He tried to tell me they had a 3k "market adjustment" on the RT's with R&T. I laughed at him.

It took a little while, but in the end his market adjustment dissapeared and he honored my Prefered vendor discount (he wouldn't at first)+ the $3500 cash back.

I reminded him about the trainload of 08's that were headed his way, and was standing up ready to walk when he came back with the offer I had made in the beginning. I ended up getting it for 7k under sticker.

Oh, and I'm also one who wont stand for any dealer stickers or badges on the back. The suv's and trucks had them but none of the chargers had one.

Other then that utterly ridiculous first offer by him, I was fairly pleased with the experience. My hart goes out to any of the uninformed who go in and take that first offer though.
Dealers are crazy.

Anybody in today's market pays "Market Adjustment" for any car is nuts. Period. I can understand if a car is in high demand, then dealers usually don't go under the MSRP, which is understandable, but to pay something over MSRP just to have it, is crazy (on cars...since they depreciate so much).

You will see this on the new Challenger for sure, and people will pay over MSPR, and it's a shame because 1 year after it's release, you are going to loose some serious coin.

Dealers are finally waking up with the 'limited edition' SRT's not selling above MSRP. Well.....you would think so.

- Mark

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I shopped for my SRT over the internet. I put the internet managers against each other to get the car I wanted with the color and options. When I went in to make the deal My SRT had a "market adjustment"sticker of $19995.00
I asked him if they were insane and he said they had Pechanga indians coming in with lots of money paying way over sticker for them. I got he same car for dealer invoice, $3300 under sticker. $23000 under their "market adjustment". No wonder people call them Stealers instead of Dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
That's just sick... is he the new #1 dealership? Poor Towbin Dodge! I thought they did their allocations based on sales... wow...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts