Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From Diablo site:
Release 16 (current)(EGR/MDS/Rear 02 disable,low throttle response improvement,wot fuel adjust fix)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Woohoo! Surprised there aren't more comments on this one.
Thanks for the notification.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm currently downloading and will be testing this out in a few. Im looking forward to the throttle response improvement. Good looking out!

Thanks
Marcos

·
Registered
660 Posts
Do the 8r16a

If you're going to update, do the test 8t16a or just wait till t17 due out soon. Apparently r16 had some QA issues that were fixed in r16a, like the shift firmness parameter missing for R/T's. I'm not having any problems with r16, so I'll just wait for r17. No sense in downloading a revision then doing it again the next day.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wanna download but the guy gave me the cpu connector wire but no DC volt plug?? Do they sell those at radio shack?
Yes but it's hard to find the specified 12v 1A . I called around 5 Radio shacks nearby plus a couple other stores and none of them carried it. The only thing that came close was a 12v 1.5A(1500ma) from radio shack. Ive used this setup 3 times already and it works fine. Also Take the tuner in so they could fit the connector and also plug it in to see if it works.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you're going to update, do the test 8r16a or just wait till r17 due out soon. Apparently r16 had some QA issues that were fixed in r16a, like the shift firmness parameter missing for R/T's. I'm not having any problems with r16, so I'll just wait for r17. No sense in downloading a revision then doing it again the next day.
I just downloaded r16 and I have to say the shift firmness was def. still there. Although I downloaded it to see the apparent "low throttle response improvements"( I still have no clue what that is), and I have to say romping on the throttle in "D" seems more sluggish then before, I even reset the tcm which did nothing! But that's okay since im only in "D" for cruising, other than that Im in autostick when I want some fun.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just downloaded r16 and I have to say the shift firmness was def. still there. Although I downloaded it to see the apparent "low throttle response improvements"( I still have no clue what that is), and I have to say romping on the throttle in "D" seems more sluggish then before, I even reset the tcm which did nothing! But that's okay since im only in "D" for cruising, other than that Im in autostick when I want some fun.
I had the opposite..the low end throttle response is more powerful, like they added more fuel down low. (I think that's what Mike said they did). Anyway, DS said the update would not be noticable at WOT, only low end and part throttle. Hopefully this will be mute when they release r17.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had the opposite..the low end throttle response is more powerful, like they added more fuel down low. (I think that's what Mike said they did). Anyway, DS said the update would not be noticable at WOT, only low end and part throttle. Hopefully this will be mute when they release r17.
I went out for a non-tire burning cruise and yes I now notice the difference of the low end throttle response. I feel the car accelerates smoother when barely getting on the gas a bit without WOT..... for instance increasing your speed gradually or to continue on the throttle after coasting a distance, as opposed the small delay in the throttle response i'm accustom to.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wanna download but the guy gave me the cpu connector wire but no DC volt plug?? Do they sell those at radio shack?
I think you can hook it up to your car in leiu of a power cord.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
just wanted to see how you download updates...it doesn't seem to be working out for me. thanks for the help in advance.

Jon

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think he's referring to the internet download from the computer. If the car hook up was long enough to reach from the car all the way inside his house...maybe it would work....or if he has a laptop.
I use wireless on my laptop :)

It'll reach out to the curb...my problem is that I have neither cable. They'll be waiting for me when i get home tomorrow [or they better be anyway].

·
Registered
727 Posts
just wanted to see how you download updates...it doesn't seem to be working out for me. thanks for the help in advance.

Jon
Assuming you have the extra cords and know how to connect the predator to your computer with the cables....

I was told You must first reset the car back to original Backup (Stock) before updating the handheld.

1.Go here to download then install DSDownloader, and also download the update which the current as of now is 16a (crom file).
2.Connect the predator to your pc
3.Open DSDownloader...wait till it detects your predator
4.Then on the program screen select "send crom file to predator"
5.Next find and select the update file you saved earlier. Should be a .crom file
6.Next just wait till it finishes downloading, following the onscreen instructions
7. Thats it! the predator main screen should now show the new version

·
Registered
706 Posts
From Diablo site:
Release 16 (current)(EGR/MDS/Rear 02 disable,low throttle response improvement,wot fuel adjust fix)
Outstanding thanks. Actually I just got the Diablo today and they went to the website and downloaded the needed revisions; but the one you talk about is not there it must of come out after we upgraded mine. But any how I am left in aww by the canned tune 93octane with CAI.

Assuming you have the extra cords and know how to connect the predator to your computer with the cables....

I was told You must first reset the car back to original Stock before updating the handheld.

1.Go here to download then install DSDownloader, and also the update which the current as of now is 16a (crom file).
2.Connect the predator to your pc
3.Open DSDownloader...wait till it detects your predator
4.Then on the program screen select "send crom file to predator"
5.Next find and select the update file you saved earlier. Should be a .crom file
6.Next just wait till it finishes downloading, following the onscreen instructions
7. Thats it! the predator main screen should now show the new version
I am assuming that if you don't return the vehicle back to stock you loose the stock setting with the new update revision?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
thats a good tip..i did not know that...thanks for explanation

·
Registered
727 Posts
I am assuming that if you don't return the vehicle back to stock you loose the stock setting with the new update revision?
Im thinking it just won't update?, because in theory........If u could lose the original backup by updating the handheld firmware to a new version without downloading the original backup to the car this will be a big loop hole and the key to using the predator on multiple cars. hmmmmmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am assuming that if you don't return the vehicle back to stock you loose the stock setting with the new update revision?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is correct. When you download new firmware, it wipes out your stock tune and acts like it's brand new out of the box. When you plug it in, it will see the tune you have loaded as the new original backup, not your factory tune which is now gone. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts