Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
We have gone back to our suppliers of raw materials and got them to give us a better price on a few components due to volume purchases so the pricing is going to be like this for the special.

8 Speed transmission Flush Special - 8HP45 Transmission only 2012 cars have this transmission. 8 quarts of QuantumBlue ZF 8 speed Custom Blend transmission Fluid - Replaces Mopar P/N 68157995AA and P/N 68142478AB. Includes the plastic transmission pan/filter combination. $364.20. (Save $179.14) includes filtran pan and 8 quarts of fluid - No fill tube on this trans. Check via plug on side of transmission. The 2013 and up cars are using an 845RE 8 speed transmssion. So $ 301.20 (Save $135.30) for the pan/filter assembly and 8 quarts of ZF 8 speed Custom Blend Transmission Fluid.

$14.95 per quart + the filtran for 2013 and up.
$14.95 per quart + the filtran for the 2012 model also. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
261 Posts
We have gone back to our suppliers of raw materials and got them to give us a better price on a few components due to volume purchases so the pricing is going to be like this for the special.

8 Speed transmission Flush Special - 8HP45 Transmission only 2012 cars have this transmission. 8 quarts of QuantumBlue ZF 8 speed Custom Blend transmission Fluid - Replaces Mopar P/N 68157995AA and P/N 68142478AB. Includes the plastic transmission pan/filter combination. $364.20. (Save $179.14) includes filtran pan and 8 quarts of fluid - No fill tube on this trans. Check via plug on side of transmission. The 2013 and up cars are using an 845RE 8 speed transmssion. So $ 301.20 (Save $135.30) for the pan/filter assembly and 8 quarts of ZF 8 speed Custom Blend Transmission Fluid.

$29.21 per quart + the filtran for 2013 and up.
$29.21 per quart + the filtran for the 2012 model also. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
I thought you said in one near the beginning of this thread that the total capacity for the 2012 8 speed is 10 quarts...?

:beerchug:

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I thought you said in one near the beginning of this thread that the total capacity for the 2012 8 speed is 10 quarts...?

I said 10 because it is what we would supply for the 8hp45 as it has a 9.5 quart capacity and we don't supply 1/2 quarts. 2 gallons and 2 quarts for the total trans. If someone wants to fully flush it they will need all 10 quarts.

Some people to defray the cost have gone to 8 quarts and the filtran to do a pan drain and fill. This will get 85% out and with the other additives we put in the fluid, it makes the 1.5 quarts left over synonymous. We know that by doing this in the other 6 and 8 speed transmissions that are ZF manufacture that they can go another 50k miles on this procedure and have complete success.

So what I said before is still true as it is now.

I don't understand what your point is here!

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
261 Posts
I said 10 because it is what we would supply for the 8hp45 as it has a 9.5 quart capacity and we don't supply 1/2 quarts. 2 gallons and 2 quarts for the total trans. If someone wants to fully flush it they will need all 10 quarts.

Some people to defray the cost have gone to 8 quarts and the filtran to do a pan drain and fill. This will get 85% out and with the other additives we put in the fluid, it makes the 1.5 quarts left over synonymous. We know that by doing this in the other 6 and 8 speed transmissions that are ZF manufacture that they can go another 50k miles on this procedure and have complete success.

So what I said before is still true as it is now.

I don't understand what your point is here!

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
My point is very simple actually...if one is spending that kind of money doing a fluid change (and I can only speak for myself on this one), I'd make sure that 100% of the trans fluid is changed as is shown in the first pick of this thread.

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My point is very simple actually...if one is spending that kind of money doing a fluid change (and I can only speak for myself on this one), I'd make sure that 100% of the trans fluid is changed as is shown in the first pick of this thread.

I understand, and that is why we did supply Shawn with the complete amount of fluid for his car....all 10 quarts. We give people options. Not many people have money falling out of their pockets so we work with them to get done what they need without breaking the bank when possible.:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
So millions of vehicles, what must be billions of road miles traveled, and the reason they dont have a rep for leaking is luck? Now, were they through bolts like you find on pans like my GMs, I agree, six might not be enough. But these are not through the pan, they actually hold clips that support the pan, each clip close to 1/2 an inch wide. combine that with that design not piercing the gasket, and the fact the gasket is a 1/2 inch wide piece with four flanges, its a design that works, and not by luck.
I can barely read some of the stuff on here

230k+ on my car yet I am to believe the tran pan bolt pattern is bad

OR

even more asinine

Unless I change the manufacturer's fluids and go with the super duper stuff my car will fall apart

The board's resident snake oil salesman convinces half the people here that Mobil 1 oil isn't good or the transmission fluid is dangerously bad despite MILLIONS of miles of testing.

comical

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I can barely read some of the stuff on here

Unless I change the manufacturer's fluids and go with the super duper stuff my car will fall apart

The board's resident snake oil salesman convinces half the people here that Mobil 1 oil isn't good or the transmission fluid is dangerously bad despite MILLIONS of miles of testing.

comical
What is comical is that you talk about wanting the best fluids, then when I post what is OBVIOUSLY a better product and all you can say is that it is snake oil!!??

You don't really want what is better, all you want to do is spout corporate speak about Mobil and experience you have had. What can you tell me about your vast knowlege about lubricants? Where is your validity based on independent analysis. Show me objective reality and not subjective opinion.

If you went to any credible lubricant scientist and told him your opinion about lubricants and have no data to back up what you are saying and talked about experience he would laugh at you and say that is all anecdotal without a shred of validity.

Talk about comical.

We deal in facts....where are yours?

Brian

Brian

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
ZF recommends every 50,000 to 75,000 miles it should be changed.
ZF's statements are confusing.

On one side they say 'fill for life' while on the other they say 'fluid check via plug on side of trans'.

So is it supposed to be changed or not?
Sounds like a whole bunch of gray area BS if you ask me!!

Page 6 from : http://www.motor.com/newsletters/20121010/WebFiles/MMM_ZF_8HP_Tranny.pdf

Why can't they clearly state what is required to begin with?

Folks were a bit concerned on the challenger talk, RAM and 300 c forums as well:

-http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f314/new-8-speed-transmission-fluid-intervals-274922/
-http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2nd-generation-chrysler-300-discussion/165233-8-speed-transmission-service-interval-2.html
-http://www.ramforum.com/f38/8_speed_8ph70_question-49118/

On a side note, I did come across this comment form the RAM forum that made sense:

"Its lifetime fluid, so just add it to your will so whoever inherits your truck can worry about changing it when your dead."

:biggrinjester:

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
ZF's statements are confusing.

On one side they say 'fill for life' while on the other they say 'fluid check via plug on side of trans'.

So is it supposed to be changed or not?
Sounds like a whole bunch of gray area BS if you ask me!!

Page 6 from : http://www.motor.com/newsletters/20121010/WebFiles/MMM_ZF_8HP_Tranny.pdf

Why can't they clearly state what is required to begin with?

Folks were a bit concerned on the challenger talk, RAM and 300 c forums as well:

-http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f314/new-8-speed-transmission-fluid-intervals-274922/
-http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2nd-generation-chrysler-300-discussion/165233-8-speed-transmission-service-interval-2.html
-http://www.ramforum.com/f38/8_speed_8ph70_question-49118/

On a side note, I did come across this comment form the RAM forum that made sense:

"Its lifetime fluid, so just add it to your will so whoever inherits your truck can worry about changing it when your dead."

:biggrinjester:
It is "lifetime" for the cost of ownership index so they can show how cost effective it is to own the vehicle. This is for "bragging rights"

However, it needs to be changed between 50,000 or so miles as I said before and this is in reality terms.

We all know that fluids break down, sinter after awhile and need replacing. It would be like saying you have a lifetime engine oil or lifetime coolant. Doesn't exist. Take it from someone who designs these things every day.....they need to be changed out along with the filter (Filtran).

The big preclusion is the fact that it is unbelievable how expensive the materials are to replace....including the filtran. People coming from the NAG1 with $142.58 for 2 gallons of fluid and the filter/gasket kit from us to what this trans costs......it is surprising....the cost for most people! We can make the change much better and also cheaper!;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
ZF says there is no such thing as lifetime fluid and I agree... I couldn't believe all the clutch material that was in my pan after only 15K.
I am glad you got the fluid out and replaced it with our QB ZF materials! Phil had 49,625 miles on his 15 Charger AWD 3.6L and the fluid came out like black gritty water. Chrysler says wait for 100,000 miles but only warranties it for 60k. We recommend like ZF does that earlier the better and you hit it on the head Krautmaster! :rocker:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
the fluid came out like black gritty water
Right you were Brian...!

Got the transmission fluid replaced using the instructions you sent along with the kit (thank you for that as well, btw).

So as some of you may know, the colour of the ATF fluid for the 8 speed transmission that Chrysler/ZF uses looks light green...like Krautmaster mentioned earlier - similar to green tea in terms of consistency.

However after 93,000 kms / ~58000 miles, the colour of the fluid that drained out looked to be darkbrown with a 'slightly' gritty feel to it as well.

Quite surprised to see the amount of the metallicish looking residue on the magnets as well..it was around ~.2cm thick when I rubbed a bit of it off the magnet.
Im assuming that was all these magnets were capable of attracting before they got saturated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The stuff Brian shipped out was perfect..everything went into place as it should and the procedure he sent along with the kit really 'dumbed' it down!

All in all it took around 45 mins to have the entire thing done.

Thank you to both Brian and Krautmaster for the wealth of info they have each provided in their own regard!

Shoutout to [email protected] Apex automotive for being so accomodating too!

Brian, I had to go with this since BND doesnt sell brake fluid : /

In the meantime, I look forward to swapping out the remaining fluids with BND once they arrive!

Attachments

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Wow Powerman!

That was a great write-up. Yea, the fluid is really dirty and has a lot of shavings in it at the mileage you changed it. The magnets get covered in metallic and then the rest floats in the fluid.

Chrysler wants you to wait for 100,000 miles where ZF specifically says 80k kilometers to 120k kilometers (50,000 to 73,000 miles) and that is if you don't do any severe duty where the interval is greatly reduced. The whole reason they do that is for cost of ownership tables and not for longevity.

Glad you got it done and had help from Krautmaster!

Our legal team advised us when we first got started to make all the go fast stuff you want and none of the stopping. Brake fluid is kinda like ladders. In the real world, you need them to function, but in the legal world, nobody wants either of them!:serious:

Anyway, the rest of your materials should be there next week for you! Thanks again for the second order! :bowdown:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Powerman,

Have you noticed a difference in the performance/operation of your transmission since the fluid change? I noticed much better shifting when the trans was hot: it would "clunk" into 1st and hesitate a fraction of a sec between other shifts. The worst part was the temps would get up to 200 degrees in as little as 30 minutes. With the Quantum Blue fluid it takes a 120 mile drive to get it up to 190 degrees. In most of my regular driving (one or or less) it only gets up to 140 or so, no clunk & crisp fast shifts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Longevity of the Quantum Blue fluid?

370 HEMI, what is the longevity (time & mileage) of your Quantum Blue 8 speed transmission fluid?

My 2012 (1st gen of the ZF 8 speed auto) has only 62,000 Kns (39,000 miles).

I have the complete transmission filter kit. I have just been debating on the Quantum Blue fluid or the Amsoil Signature Series ATF.

So you are on the short list lol.

One other question.

Should the old fluid be drained when it's hot (operating temp) or does it matter?

Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quantum Blue fluid for the 63TE Transmission? (Dodge Journey)?

One other question Brian, do you make the Quantum Blue transmission fluid for the 62TE - 6 - Speed automatic (for a 2012 Dodge Journey RT V6 AWD)?

Just curious.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
370 HEMI, what is the longevity (time & mileage) of your Quantum Blue 8 speed transmission fluid?

Typically we like to see it changed (ours) at 50,000 to no more than 60,000 miles. These transmissions really tear up the fluid modifiers. They are unique in the industry as far as harshness on the fluid (the ZF 8 speed transmission).

The OE factory fluid between 40,000 and 45,000 miles as it is wiped at that mileage. Chrysler is crazy to say 100,000 miles but hey, they don't have to warranty it at 100k since their warranty goes at 60k miles!

My 2012 (1st gen of the ZF 8 speed auto) has only 62,000 Kns (39,000 miles).

I have the complete transmission filter kit. I have just been debating on the Quantum Blue fluid or the Amsoil Signature Series ATF.

Please send me your VIN so that we can discuss the part number you have to make sure it is the right one. I have talked to too many people that went on Ebay or Rock Auto and have a 6 cylinder pan for the V8 and even a Charger pan for a 1500 RAM or Cherokee. There are too many failures out there where the wrong pan was used. If you have the right pan number than cool!

I can tell you that the other materials out there have had performance problems that the dealerships are balking at (Valvoline and Amsoil) when brought in under warranty...... mainly from internal seal issues for compatibility (deterioration) and a lot of shifting problems. The modifiers in this fluid again are unique.

We took a lot of time pulling out the design from the 8 & 9 speed OEM fluid before we manufactured our fluid and tested it out the butt before we offered it to the market. Our fluid is just like the OEM but augmented with 200 degrees hotter temperature capability, more robust modifiers in the fluid and durability of design. We have several thousand of these transmissions done now with excellent results.

It has a 100% customer delighted response to it once the change is completed. We would love to make the fluid for you and give you performance and peace of mind too!

So you are on the short list lol.

Glad to know you are seriously considering us for your 8 speed. You will really be happy with the purchase of it should you choose to go our direction on it.

One other question.

Should the old fluid be drained when it's hot (operating temp) or does it matter?

Operating temperature is definitely preferred as it gets more of the suspended particles out of the unit. It is appalling to see what it looks like at 50k miles. Black gritty and watery......just as Phil's 2015 Charger SXT AWD and what Powerman showed. This is reality! :serious:

Thanks!

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
One other question Brian, do you make the Quantum Blue transmission fluid for the 62TE - 6 - Speed automatic (for a 2012 Dodge Journey RT V6 AWD)?

Yes. That is the same transmission that is in my wife's 2011 Avenger and our 2011 Grand Caravan R/T. It is our QuantumBlue ATF+4++ IIA fluid. We also make the filter and gasket kit for it as well. Mopar doesn't do a gasket on a lot of the 41TE and 62TE transmissions. We decided to make the correct gaskets for them out of high durameter neoprene so that you can add the form-a-gasket to our gasket on both sides and get a really great seal between the pan and the transmission. Extremely durable against leaking and heat.

The special for this month is:

8) Hemi/3.6L Transmission Pan Drain and Fill Special: 8 quarts QuantumBlue transmission fluid appropriate for 42RLE and NAG1/W5A580 transmission + QuantumBlue Transmission Filter Kit - 42RLE-$133.57 (Save $16.95) and NAG1-$149.99 (Save $38.92) This includes the 62TE at 139.69 and you get the tool kit as well. We have sent a lot of those out. People really love them!

Just curious.

Thanks!

If you choose to do both, we can save you on the shipping by putting it all in one box if you like. We hope to earn your business on these.:bowdown:

Let me know Chargermaster!

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

41 - 60 of 126 Posts