Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, This is my 1st time on any forum and 1st question regarding my 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit. I upgraded my small stock 4.3 radio to the 8.4 RB5 with Navigation and I love the large screen. Everything was plug and play and works great. The units (both radio with AC controls and screen) I got from a salvage yard. With the VIN number and serial number I was able to retrieve the lock code from the dealer and zero cost, (slipped the guy $10.) and he told me the radio was out of an 2013 Charger R/T model. My question is where is the phone icon and how can I get the R/T or SRT pages on my screen? There are unused sockets in the back of the radio. What are they for? I want to add any possible pages and icons to my radio. Also I know about the "Dodge CHRYSLER OEM 12-13 Charger-Control Module 68349513AA" to make the "AUTO" part of the AC controls work properly and I'm hoping to find one cheap. Any information about all my questions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,262 Posts
I know this is an old post, but just found it. Did you find the answers you needed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this is an old post, but just found it. Did you find the answers you needed?
Well kind of yes.
Partially yes. Used the AlfaOBD to get the SRT and SPORT pages and after installing the Telematics module I was able to get my phone connected. The only thing I need to install now it the mirror with the microphone. My only issue is the AC HAVC control module did not correct my 22° and allow my AUTO button to work. Have had no luck changing that module. Maybe I had a bad module? I kinda gave up on that issue.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,262 Posts
Well kind of yes.

Partially yes. Used the AlfaOBD to get the SRT and SPORT pages and after installing the Telematics module I was able to get my phone connected. The only thing I need to install now it the mirror with the microphone. My only issue is the AC HAVC control module did not correct my 22° and allow my AUTO button to work. Have had no luck changing that module. Maybe I had a bad module? I kinda gave up on that issue.
You will also need the harness for the mirror.
68084162AC

And steering wheel buttons.
56046255AD

You need the AutoClimate HVAC control panel, The Auto Hvac control module, AND the humidity sensor to make it kinda work. Without the in cabin ambient air sensor I do not see Auto ever working.

However I never stay on the climate page and have been running my manual hvac head unit with my RB5 with zero issues.

I would imagine you know after swapping those climate parts need to set the climate to dual zone Auto in alfaOBD as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts