Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through a OCT MOPAR Action Mag here in the middle east and came across an article on page 22. Competition Cams Inc out of Memphis tested 3 versions of cams on the 5.7L for the Chargers. To get around the stock electronic limiter thats set to 5700 they installed the Hypertech and set the supertune to OFF leaving the factory tuning untouched but allowing more RPM. They still have a few things to work out but they've made alot of progress and the price should be right for the HP gains. They might be worth watching for further updates and kits.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks For He Info... Keep Us Posted..thanks

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
sounds similar to the hot rod mag article....they had to "hack" and include stuff from other vehicles and mess around to get around the factory computer. if this happens and they can get it right - i am all over this......srt8 guys here i come (sorry for egging them on....lol)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
GoDaddy said:
srt8 guys here i come (sorry for egging them on....lol)
First off... good luck on the storm. Really hope you don't find any damage when you return.

Keep egging us on... we can take it. :smile:

I just hope you R/T guys don't cause warranty claim issues with all the mods... I bet DC is ready for this issue on these cars.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
lmao...man i was pushing for you to post.....i need a spirited responce to get me to laugh....and yeah i will make sure i wear out that warranty first....at this rate it won't take long (running from hurricanes....yippie...lol) i love ya moparfan.....i hope we can continue this banter soon.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
GoDaddy said:
sounds similar to the hot rod mag article....they had to "hack" and include stuff from other vehicles and mess around to get around the factory computer. if this happens and they can get it right - i am all over this......srt8 guys here i come (sorry for egging them on....lol)
dude i would have just bought an srt8 with all the money youre spending on mods for your rt. :ninja:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
But none of those work with the MDS/6.1 motors. At least we're pretty sure they dont. Our one guy who actually did cams had sent his PCM off to KRC, who allegedly have a way to tune the PCMs for them.

I think a DCX "silencer squad" got him, for he's not been heard of since. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I remember his forum name was Wade. He had his heads ported/polished and I believe he put in the 268 duration cam. He sent his computer off to KRC and they supposedly cracked the code to get inside and tune it. He claimed lots more power off the line and last we heard he was heading to the track in a week to get some times........We never heard from him again. Maybe he was held hostage or something.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
nah, having too much fun doing what i am doing. it is a hobby and an obbssession all wrapped into one....wife says if i can come with about 2500 i can go ahead and do the cam and the extrudehoned heads....won't be long guys. maybe a few months.

NYT said:
dude i would have just bought an srt8 with all the money youre spending on mods for your rt. :ninja:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
GoDaddy said:
nah, having too much fun doing what i am doing. it is a hobby and an obbssession all wrapped into one....wife says if i can come with about 2500 i can go ahead and do the cam and the extrudehoned heads....won't be long guys. maybe a few months.
scott,
what about your warranty???

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't disappear. I just havent had much to say...:silenced:

·
Registered
15 Posts
until you can hack these computers and reset all the peramiters, its useless.

KRC was able to reprogram the cpu, but the rev limit is still around 5900 rpms...and im still throwing codes left and right, mainly because the computer thinks the car is misfiring. (don't have a 1/4 mile close by:cry: )

"So exactly what did the KRC reprogram change? Did you ever run the cams without the KRC programmed PCM? I"m not slamming you, just trying to see what we dont know".

WADE!!!!! I meant to quote you in my own post, but didnt notice til just now that I edited yours. My humblest and most sincere apologies. If I could fix it, I would, but I cant. Whats in quotes was supposed to be my comment to what I had quoted, but it all went horribly wrong.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The cam will run in the R/T without damaging the engine though? Do you still have MDS functioning?

Thanks for the update . . .

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome back Wade, we were worried about you. Thanks for the the recent update. Glad all is well with you and certainly glad you gave us an update on your cam swap. Didn't you port/polish the heads too?? That had to give you at least a 25-30HP increase right there. I'm sure you'll being able to get your car running right soon........when the tune can be customized whether Dodge steps up or Superchips, KRC, or Hypertech can do something for us.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey wade...i haven't done anything yet. if you were asking me. i want to do the heads and cam combo badly. and the wife again last night (after me test driving the srt8 charger) said if i can save the money and want to do it, heads and cam, then i can go ahead and do it...she said the supercharger HAS to wait though.

so what all is happening wade...we have been waiting on something from ya - good or bad. still notice power gains or is she throwing codes and losing power all of the time?

we need more info bud...lots want to jump but are afraid to end up in the same situation as you are in right now with codes and issues.

thanks wade.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
FOLKS!!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!!!! Wades post, #13, was unintentionally edited by me, when I hit "edit post" instead of "quote". What you see in that post is NOT the whole thing he had typed, I had trimmed his post in quotes to focus on what I wanted to ask about.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ahhhhh.......that is cool. everyone makes mistakes bud.

but, i still want more information on this stuff from wade.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
GLHS837 said:
FOLKS!!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!!!! Wades post, #13, was unintentionally edited by me, when I hit "edit post" instead of "quote". What you see in that post is NOT the whole thing he had typed, I had trimmed his post in quotes to focus on what I wanted to ask about.
So did you gut some of the good stuff from his original post? Do you hear your conscious calling. I bet he removed dyno runs, head flow numbers etc. I bet the SRT boys hear the bus coming. :) JK.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
rander said:
So did you gut some of the good stuff from his original post? Do you hear your conscious calling. I bet he removed dyno runs, head flow numbers etc. I bet the SRT boys hear the bus coming. :) JK.
GLHS IS THE BESTEST MODERATOR EVAR!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts