Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna upgrade to HID's.....probably the stealth auto kit.....any opinions on which temperature to go with, 6000 or 8000? I want that slight bluish HID look but dont want it to be too blue....I am worried 6000 isnt enough and 8000 is too much blue and its very hard to tell from pictures on the net of each....i need some suggestions from people that have them....thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
depending on the manufacturer 6000k is pure white with a hint of blue.

i have philips 6000k ultinon on my tiburon and they are exactly what i wanted

i have another set of 6000k in my charger and they are bright light blue...not really what i wanted.

so it all depends on the manufacturer

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
get 8k..........

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
get 150000k looks retarded lol its almost reddish purple

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did 10000k and I'm satisfied. I've seen 8000k and it definitely looks WAY too blue.

·
Registered
831 Posts
get 8k..........
X2 on 8000.....I think the higher the temperature the lower the actual light output. With my headlights they look like how the factory cars come with the HID heads and regular fogs, they have like a ultra whiteish/blue tint to them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
In case you want some pics, these are the 8K from an ebay company... Others have bought these, and like them too they make many colors...

These are the fogs 8000K Iceberg blue!

·
Registered
7 Posts
U should be able to achieve the look you're looking for with the 6k kit. I personally have 8k in mine and I'm very satisfied with it but its all on your personal preference.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I like the way the 8000's look. I think the amount of blue looks really good.

·
Registered
789 Posts
BTW 4300k Is the stock temp you see on factory HID setups

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Just ordered 8000K for mine a few days ago

I personally love that baby blue look you see on alot of exotic cars with upgraded HID bulbs in their factory setups down at south beach

·
Registered
542 Posts
Much better than stock!

I will be upgrading the headlights soon too... They are more money tho. Like 130 for the 8K bulb in my C with HID

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry if it sounded like I was knockin' the 8k guys. It's just that I don't like the "very blue" look. Like it was said earlier. It's all about personal preference.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
So, do you all go with HIDS cause their brighter and give ya better visability, cause they look cool, or both?
Just curious, not bashing HIDS :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
So, do you all go with HIDS cause their brighter and give ya better visability, cause they look cool, or both?
Just curious, not bashing HIDS :)
Both, but mainly the 1st, The difference in visibility is like night and day, literally. It doesn't even feel right whenever I drive a car with Halogens....

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just ordered 8000K for mine a few days ago

I personally love that baby blue look you see on alot of exotic cars with upgraded HID bulbs in their factory setups down at south beach
It's not upgrading if anything it's downgrading to cheaper bulbs. All exotic cars have one this in common they use expensive parts. But like its been said its a preference to color and performance. Plus all the blue lights I see here are on hondas and other ricer looking cars so I didn't want to look like I wanted to belong in that club. You know the same club as all the big/dumb looking spoliers. That's why I stayed stock. I like the factory HID setups.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts