Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever happened with the 6-speed conversion kit that some company was supposed to be making for the charger srt-8? I talked to a local dealership here in town and asked if they would ship the car out to install something like that and just add it to the price of my vehicle so it would be in the financing and they said they'd do it. I'd love to have the charger with a six-speed. I haven't followed this site too much since selling my charger back in May. :( I am planning on getting another one though one of these days. Just curious if anyone ever got the kit and how it performed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The kit is from Keisler Automotive and isn't supposed to be out until next year. In all likelihood no dealer will touch it because it will probably void the warranty. You will have a hard time getting any warranty items paid for because the dealers will say the tranny caused whatever problem you have.

If you absolutely have to have a stick Charger, buy a used one that is out, or nearly out, of warranty. The money you save will pay for the tranny and any potential service issues.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The kit is from Keisler Automotive and isn't supposed to be out until next year. In all likelihood no dealer will touch it because it will probably void the warranty. You will have a hard time getting any warranty items paid for because the dealers will say the tranny caused whatever problem you have.

If you absolutely have to have a stick Charger, buy a used one that is out, or nearly out, of warranty. The money you save will pay for the tranny and any potential service issues.
and then you could get yourself a good lawyer and sue the **** out them...that works too

·
Registered
367 Posts
last word was that they were eating up clutch's faster then you get over the shock from paying for the one you just put in.
The Exedy clutch they use is a high dollar peice of garbage.

A 4100 + lb car with a 3:06 gear will kill a clutch in no time.

·
Registered
488 Posts
anyone thought of putting an E-class 6 speed automatic tranny in our cars? since they share the same tranny with the e-class mercedes, I'm thinking this might of been covered already...

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Electronics will kill you, most likely. We are using last-gen Mercedes stuff, they have moved on, I'm sure.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
anyone thought of putting an E-class 6 speed automatic tranny in our cars? since they share the same tranny with the e-class mercedes, I'm thinking this might of been covered already...
There's no such tranny as a Mercedez 6-speed auto ... they went from a 5-speed auto to a 7-speed ...

Back on topic, why don't they use a Viper clutch ? it's the same tranny so it should work, no ?

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I guess the best bet ultimately may be the manual trans for the upcoming Challenger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts