Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Folks as you may know I had an opportunity last week to install and tune a new Vortech Supercharger Kit on a 2007 Daytona and I wanted to share my thoughts and experiences with the install and performance numbers with you all. I will also post pictures of before during and after so you can see what it takes to do this yourself.

John at Vortech called me a couple months back after hearing our success with the other superchargers and wanted to know if we wanted to get a Vortech in our hands and I quickly said yes. I then sat down with the guys here and tried to figure out which car would get the new kit. We had just brought on Pat Taylor as our internet rep and we figured his beautiful car was an excellent choice because it would be just the Performance mod his already show winning car needed.

We wanted the kit to arrive in time for the Ohio LX and Beyond Nationals so we placed the order right away and the wait began. Well knowing full well that the kits was not ready for release yet John at Vortech pulled his weight and got us a Tuner Kit shipped in an unbelievable 24 hours. When it arrived I quickly began the process of assembly and let me tell you this is a very well designed and thought out kit. Everything you need is there and laid out in a very well put together assembly manual with very clear cut photo's to help show where items are to be installed.

The parts are very high quality and show that they are designed for the long haul. The install went very quickly and I had no trouble getting through everything including Pinning the crankshaft (something Vortech knew would be needed) The Main Bracket assembly looks as though it was on the car from Dodge and the head unit fits like it was meant to be there. The aftercooler mounting is clean and looks great and the coolant reserve and pump fit like a glove.

Now for the Dyno numbers and my impressions of the performance aspect of the kit. Well the tuning went very well and we managed to get it done in around 3 hours But if you purchase a full kit you will receive a pre-programmed Predator with a plug and play tune. We managed to squeeze some awesome numbers out of this kit with our tune But remember one thing here we have a custom CMR tune your numbers will be different with the plug and play tune.

Horsepower was 426.9 @ 5395 and torque was 472 @ 3800 rpm. She ran 13.4 @ 106 Mph this weekend in the heat.

All in all I am very impressed with the Vortech kit and would recommend anyone looking to "boost" the performance in their Hemi look into picking up one of these kits and get the performance you deserve.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Nice :wax:

What were the hp/tq values before the S/C?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
wow!!! looks very nice

·
Registered
951 Posts
Nice job you guys over at CMJ. I heard everyone's numbers were a lil higher than expected though due to the inclement (humid) weather. Still, impressive nonetheless.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does this Supercharger void vehicles w/LIFETIME warranties? Now that you have the Supercharger do you do daily driving also or just race? I want the more horse power but I still need my car as a daily driver in the summer!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daily driving would be fine with this kit it will probably void your lifetime but you can get the 3 year 36k warranty from vortech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts