Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this must be already posted, but couldnt find anything. I just picked up some 6.1 fuel rails for my 5.7. I will be using my stock 5.7 injectors on the new 6.1 rails. I assume there is no issue with that. My question is I hear there is some bending and tweaking needed to get the 6.1 rails on? is this true? also I slide the clips of the injectors and they still dont come off. Im afrad of pullinng to hard to ge them off. Is there a special puller tool that I need to remove the injectors of the rails?

Basically anyone have a right up for installing 6.1 rails and injectors?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so I took off the injector clips and Pulled pretty hard and off they popped. I read on another forum and that's what they said to do. No for installing the new rail?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
hi there no need to sweat .i think they where made to be launced across a room so be mindfull of where you are so they dont go flying into a sewer. hes you have to bend the tube in the rear of the rail so the rear cross over can bend under the rear of the manifold.it isnt to hard you could actually do it by hand. just be carfull so you dont break anything. it wont effect anything . it will just make more fuel readily avail for the injectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts