Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been a long time lurker of the forums. I've had my 2007 RT for about a year now and am looking to change up the sound. I've been all over the place reading to see if I can find exactly what I am looking for. I didn't feel as if I could properly spot any thread that addressed what I am seeking so I decided to make a thread.

Everything on my R/T at the moment is bone stock. I am looking for an exhaust system that sounds throaty and aggressive. Zero rasp/tin can noise. I just want a deep growl that sounds straight up demonic. I'm talking send chills down your spine type of sound.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're looking for loud and obnoxious i recommend the SLP loudmouth. I had it for about a month and had to change it to the corsa cause it was too loud. Leaving my house at 6am in a nascar was just too impractical. Don't get me wrong, it sounded amazing, just not for a daily driver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're looking for loud and obnoxious i recommend the SLP loudmouth. I had it for about a month and had to change it to the corsa cause it was too loud. Leaving my house at 6am in a nascar was just too impractical. Don't get me wrong, it sounded amazing, just not for a daily driver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I've heard it. Really loud, but it's got a propeller plane sound to it at WOT, not what I'm looking for. I want deep and scary.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Cut the mid muffler and add cutouts... Yes? Or try GTHaus' new setup, freakin killer! You will be an exhaust king, maybe god!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided on the Super 10's after looking at some youtube videos however flowmaster.com states it does not fit the RT??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recomend the CherryBomb Vortex catback. It's cheap and sounds great. Loud but won't rattle your teeth and is actually quiet at highway speeds. No "drone". I've had it on my 2008 RT for 3 years and it keeps getting better.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey all,

Been a long time lurker of the forums. I've had my 2007 RT for about a year now and am looking to change up the sound. I've been all over the place reading to see if I can find exactly what I am looking for. I didn't feel as if I could properly spot any thread that addressed what I am seeking so I decided to make a thread.

Everything on my R/T at the moment is bone stock. I am looking for an exhaust system that sounds throaty and aggressive. Zero rasp/tin can noise. I just want a deep growl that sounds straight up demonic. I'm talking send chills down your spine type of sound.

Any suggestions?
Its very hard to find a perfect exhaust without some compromise. All aftermarket exhausts will give you a drone sound - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when 4cyl kicks in. I would of left my stock resos and played around with new mufflers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have slp loudmouth 1 on my daytona and love it, and adding some longtube and no cats soon when Carr is out of storage. For the money slp is way to go other wise I have been a fan of corsa. 550 on ebay can't go wrong. Ask plum crazy he will agree

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Official name is Super 44 Series, there's no Super 44 on their website. So I would think they're the same, just different wording.

Info here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recomend the CherryBomb Vortex catback. It's cheap and sounds great. Loud but won't rattle your teeth and is actually quiet at highway speeds. No "drone". I've had it on my 2008 RT for 3 years and it keeps getting better.
I wholeheartedly recommend the Cherry Bomb Vortex system as well. I've had mine for about 3 months and I LOVE it. Very quiet at highway speeds but you know its there when you mash the gas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I wholeheartedly recommend the Cherry Bomb Vortex system as well. I've had mine for about 3 months and I LOVE it. Very quiet at highway speeds but you know its there when you mash the gas.
Little bit quiet for my taste. But great sound.

I decided on an exhaust... one last question. I want to maintain my back pressure as much as possible. I have the Track/Package, I take it the pipe diameter on this is still 2.25" ? Or is it 2.50" ?

Any benefits on upgrading to the 2.5" ? Low-end torque cannot be sacrificed!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have borla on mine, sounds pretty nice when u hit it, does have some drone but at same time its pretty throaty and sounds aggressive with some throttle, IMO a pretty good DD exhaust, but if you want loud and aggressive get SLP hands down, my personal favorite exhaust

1 - 19 of 19 Posts